• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

How many motorcycle riders here?

Rattlehead

Forum Supporter
I know this topic has been posted before but its been a couple of years so...

How many riders here? Post your bike!

I've owned several but currently ride a '95 Vmax.

Attachments

• vmax-lensflare.jpg
    vmax-lensflare.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 883
Here is my beast! She is a 1981 Suzuki GS 550L. One of the older japanese 4 cylinders. Best part is got for about a $200 too! I traded a laptop that I got broken, fixed it with a few parts, and made a straight up trade for the unrunning bike. 4 new plugs, clean the carbs, and fork seals and I was out cruising again!

My past bikes have been a 1997 YZ250, 2002 CRF450, 2001 Suzuki Marauder 800, 1978 Honda 125XL enduro, and now this one. Loved everyone of em. Just no more dirtbikes for me since I have 13 plates and 19 screws now holding my left shoulder back together. :no: That wasnt fun what-so-ever, so now I stick to on the road and swinging my detector.

Does any riders here have a nifty way to carry their detectors onboard with them to get to some dirtfishing spots?

We go through a local small time guy here in our town. Forget the actual insurance company he uses at the moment for some reason though. Was only around $95 for the year, but that is liability only though.

Wife and I both ride. My bike 2001 vstar 1100. Her bike 2003 ducati monster 620

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• PhotoChooser-f4873025-192a-4e98-a851-26fa4c3f1ee2.jpg
    PhotoChooser-f4873025-192a-4e98-a851-26fa4c3f1ee2.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 588
  • PhotoChooser-ebe9fb87-c339-4fca-984f-834589e51f7f.jpg
    PhotoChooser-ebe9fb87-c339-4fca-984f-834589e51f7f.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 445
2001 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500.00 been awhile since I have ridden it but getting the bug back now that kids are getting a little older. Man I miss the freedom of back road cruising!!

Chris W.

I run a small bike shop so I usually own several different bikes at any given time. My daily driver is my Ultra Classic but have several older triumphs that I bomb around on also.

I'm old, but I still can't bring myself to ride a cruiser. I've got two on the street.

One is a Suzuki '03 SV1000N (the only year they made them).

hmss06.jpg

The other is a Frankenbike I've named LEGION (for it is many), that is an SV1000S based bike that incorporates parts from Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki, as well as other Suzuki models.

LegionNC_6e.jpg

i'm old, but i still can't bring myself to ride a cruiser. I've got two on the street.

One is a suzuki '03 sv1000n (the only year they made them).

hmss06.jpg

the other is a frankenbike i've named legion (for it is many), that is an sv1000s based bike that incorporates parts from honda, yamaha, and kawasaki, as well as other suzuki models.

legionnc_6e.jpg

nice!

Choppadude, i've got to say i'm envious, nice projects going there! I've been getting the itch to do a project, but large cc bikes are hard to find in mexico... I might just end up doing a supermoto style for the city...

Always wanted a supermoto bike for around town. That crf450 I had would be a wheelie machine if it was street legal!

Sent from a hidden menu within my AT Pro

Nice bikes guys!

Here is my beast! She is a 1981 Suzuki GS 550L. One of the older japanese 4 cylinders. Best part is got for about a $200 too! I traded a laptop that I got broken, fixed it with a few parts, and made a straight up trade for the unrunning bike. 4 new plugs, clean the carbs, and fork seals and I was out cruising again!

Nice GS! A few years ago my Dad really wanted a bike but due to being on a disability check wasn't able to afford one. So I found a non-running 1980 GS 1000 on Craigslist and traded my old Spectrum XLT for it. Cleaned out the carbs and got it running again, but there was another problem. My dad who is 5ft-nothing was way to short to ride it. So I ended up chopping it, lowering it, and making it into a bobber. It looked pretty cool but being a hardtail it rode like a horse & buggy. :lol: Here's a before and after pic.

Attachments

• BOL006.jpg
    BOL006.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 459
  • bob3.jpg
    bob3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,100
I'm old, but I still can't bring myself to ride a cruiser.

My last sportbike was an 01 ZX6R which was a ton of fun, but I felt like I looked funny on a bright green crotch rocket at my age so I decided to start looking for cruisers. Only problem was, I didn't want to give up the acceleration. Did a little research and ended up deciding on 3rd gen Honda Magna which makes decent power for a cruiser (~70hp).. Rode it for a couple of years and liked it, but it still didn't satisfy my need for speed. So I ended up trading it off for the Vmax last year. Mr. Max doesn't do twisties very well, but in a straight line its a 140 hp rocket! I still miss the days of carving up the curves on my previous sportbikes though.

Attachments

• ninja2.jpg
    ninja2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 478
  • magna.jpg
    magna.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 471
Both my wife and I used to ride until a lady talking on her cell phone rear ended me in my wife's car. The result was whiplash, 2 bulging discs, months of rehab etc... so from that point on I could not wear a helmet (we both were full gear riders) due to neck fatigue.

I tried a few different helmets, no go, so we sold everything and bought a camper like the one in my avatar. We loved riding, still miss it, so stay safe out there those of you that ride.

Nice bikes guys!

Nice GS! A few years ago my Dad really wanted a bike but due to being on a disability check wasn't able to afford one. So I found a non-running 1980 GS 1000 on Craigslist and traded my old Spectrum XLT for it. Cleaned out the carbs and got it running again, but there was another problem. My dad who is 5ft-nothing was way to short to ride it. So I ended up chopping it, lowering it, and making it into a bobber. It looked pretty cool but being a hardtail it rode like a horse & buggy. :lol: Here's a before and after pic.

Thanks its no rocket but gets up to 90 or so pretty quick then takes a bit to wind out lol. Plus the huge sissy bar that was on it when I got it prob slowed it down a bit along with big ole fairing! But getting caught in the rain on my way home from work and I am really glad I got it.

Sent from a hidden menu within my AT Pro

I still miss the days of carving up the curves on my previous sportbikes though.
I can't give it up. As a matter of fact, I've become a suspension fanatic since chasing more horsepower isn't an issue with the newer bikes. It's why I built "Legion" with the components that I chose. It has '06 GSXR750 forks sprung for my weight, Racetech gold valves, Redline 5wt oil (level is my spec), and Yamaha monoblock radial calipers (a 500gm unsprung weight savings). The rear has a Kawi ZX10R shock body (KYB), revalved it with Racetech parts, Redline 2.5wt oil, and is also sprung for my weight.
Add to that a Yoshi 2 into 1 exhaust w/carbon fiber can (a HUGE weight savings), an '03 frame, an '05 motor (bigger throttle bodies, 3lb lighter stator rotor & different cams), Brembo radial front brake MC, and Honda CBR1000RR clip-ons.
It carves the curves like riding on a rail, and stands up with a twist in the first three gears.

I've been a speed junkie my whole life, but now that I'm getting old (pushing 60) I'm starting to slow down. Cutting bambi in half with the bike in the pic below 6½yrs ago didn't help.

IFITDONTGOe.jpg

I've been a speed junkie my whole life, but now that I'm getting old (pushing 60) I'm starting to slow down. Cutting bambi in half with the bike in the pic below 6½yrs ago didn't help.

I know what you mean. In the last 15 years I've hit 5 deer... all of them in cars or trucks thankfully. The thought if hitting one on bike scares the hell out of me.

I know what you mean. In the last 15 years I've hit 5 deer... all of them in cars or trucks thankfully. The thought if hitting one on bike scares the hell out of me.
It should! I got busted up a fair bit, and was off work for six months. I was lucky.
HurtBabye1.jpg

Almost 9 months to the day later, another guy hit one within 50ft of where I hit mine.....killed him.

I like my laid back style of riding. Yea sure I can't accelerate like the crotch rocket but I feel I'm a lot more comfortable than I would be hunched over on a CR

Chris W.

Back
Top Bottom