KT found a bargain to add to the Royal Treasure Chest! UPDATE!

KT has now finished working with this lot of buffalo nickels. While working to get the 3 remaining Philadelphia dates He needed for the album, He raised the dates on about 75 of the 200+ dateless buffs. Got the dates He needed and several no mound 1913 philadelphia nickels...those, along with the 1913 mound nickels He recovered, will go into flips. The rest will all go in tubes.

The album is 70 % complete, lacking 20 coins, including a number of s dates as well as the 37 d 3-legged rare one. But KT is happy, had a lot of fun and has now got a lot of buffs to trade or sell cheaply! :D:D. If KT gets bored, He can always spend a little more time raising the dates on somemore of them! :laughing::laughing:

KT just thought He would post some pics of the coin album at it's present condition, just to show how many slots are filled. A small "r" handwritten by the coin slot shows those buffalos that KT raised the dates on with the Nic-a-date.... Enjoy! :D The images are in chronological order, first one earliest, et ceta.

Attachments

• Buff album p. 1 .jpg
    Buff album p. 1 .jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Buff album p. 2 .jpg
    Buff album p. 2 .jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Buff album p. 3 .jpg
    Buff album p. 3 .jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 72
I got several buffaloes and bought the NAD to get the dates off the slickers too. I'm glad you got a folder for them - easy/cheap way to begin filling a buffalo book 😁 I'm amazed at how many you have already from her!

Nice work KT !!!!

I like how the coin slots have the number of coins minted underneath each one.

I used to have several of those type of coin folders when I was a kid back in the 1960's, I now wish I would have held onto them, along with the baseball cards and comic books I had back then, maybe I could have retired 10 years sooner :lol:

Nice work KT !!!!

I like how the coin slots have the number of coins minted underneath each one.

I used to have several of those type of coin folders when I was a kid back in the 1960's, I now wish I would have held onto them, along with the baseball cards and comic books I had back then, maybe I could have retired 10 years sooner :lol:

KT understands your regret, His Majesty had a Vol. 1, no. 2 issue of Spiderman and some other early comic books that got tossed out when He went off to college! This would be worth some serious silver coinage nowadays! Oh well, if our fore sight was as good as our hind sight, we would all be livin' like Kings! :laughing::laughing:

I got several buffaloes and bought the NAD to get the dates off the slickers too. I'm glad you got a folder for them - easy/cheap way to begin filling a buffalo book 😁 I'm amazed at how many you have already from her!

Thanks, Sir Donney! Now KT is slowly filling in the album with finds on ebay! The only one that is out of reach, costwise, if the 3-legged 1937 D...cheapest KT has seen was a really sorry example for $270.00! KT is not going to spend his hard sought silver for that nickel! :D

Thanks, Sir Donney! Now KT is slowly filling in the album with finds on ebay! The only one that is out of reach, costwise, if the 3-legged 1937 D...cheapest KT has seen was a really sorry example for $270.00! KT is not going to spend his hard sought silver for that nickel! :D

I'm honestly so confused as to why they even put that in as an option. Like how many collectors really wanna buy that?? Not me - so don't put the damn hole in my book to stick out like a sore thumb 😂😂

I'm honestly so confused as to why they even put that in as an option. Like how many collectors really wanna buy that?? Not me - so don't put the damn hole in my book to stick out like a sore thumb 😂😂

Hey, you could always print out an actual size photo to fill that spot until (and if) you happen to find one detecting :lol:

1937D.jpg

Those who consider themselves "serious" collectors, and the rest of us as peons, would buy that nickel as an "investment". They would not even want the rest of the nickels in the set, just that one...just like the 1955 double die strike penny or the 1909 vdb S mint. And they must be graded by a reputable numismatic service, i. e. slabbed. No room for the joy of the hunt, that and the monetary cost is why KT could never join their ranks or even want to! :laughing::laughing:

I always said that too...like in the wheatie book, IF i even had an 09 s vdb, i wouldnt put it in the book, so dont give me the option!!! same with the merc album, if i ever get a 16 d it would never go in the book!!!

Hey, you could always print out an actual size photo to fill that spot until (and if) you happen to find one detecting :lol:

View attachment 388668

Those who consider themselves "serious" collectors, and the rest of us as peons, would buy that nickel as an "investment". They would not even want the rest of the nickels in the set, just that one...just like the 1955 double die strike penny or the 1909 vdb S mint. And they must be graded by a reputable numismatic service, i. e. slabbed. No room for the joy of the hunt, that and the monetary cost is why KT could never join their ranks or even want to! :laughing::laughing:

I agree. It's ridiculous. You're completely correct. You wouldn't even fill the hole cause it'd be stabbed!🙄🙄

Now that is an interesting option!

Good idea GKL 😂 Even though it's cheating, it'd be worth it 😂😂

Not cheating if you print COPY across it! Bah haaa haaa!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I agree. It's ridiculous. You're completely correct. You wouldn't even fill the hole cause it'd be stabbed!🙄🙄

Good idea GKL 😂 Even though it's cheating, it'd be worth it 😂😂

Well, I wouldn't call it cheating, think of it more as a visual "wish list" so you could see how it would look if you got an actual 1937D :lol:

Now what would be really far out is if someone filled the whole folder that way :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Not cheating if you print COPY across it! Bah haaa haaa!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well, I wouldn't call it cheating, think of it more as a visual "wish list" so you could see how it would look if you got an actual 1937D :lol:

Now what would be really far out is if someone filled the whole folder that way :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here ya go KT, I added a pic of a 1937D to your album page so you'll have a visual "wish list" for that nickel :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Buff album p. 3a.jpg

Boy KT! You sure like fiddling around with coins Huh? I suppose everybody needs a hobby, but damn son!...Wouldnt Golf be a bit easier? More socially acceptable? Snappy clothes, And you would be outside getting some air...
Its all good though, at least you aint a beanie baby or stamp collector!:laughing:

Boy KT! You sure like fiddling around with coins Huh? I suppose everybody needs a hobby, but damn son!...Wouldnt Golf be a bit easier? More socially acceptable? Snappy clothes, And you would be outside getting some air...
Its all good though, at least you aint a beanie baby or stamp collector!:laughing:

Ha ha! How could KT hit a golf ball with his Royal Cape and Crown on? Besides He has never had a passion to chase a little ball around a cow pasture , hitting it with a stick! :laughing::laughing:

And yes! KT has a passion for collecting...coins, Arkansas ephermera (at this time postcards of His Royal Home Town..Hot Springs, AR), and error coins, along with the silver horde. When KT was a 6 year old Kinglet, he often spent evenings sorting through the $100 of loose pennies his dad would bring him. Dad got them from the City of Hot Springs...penny was the going price for 10 minutes on a downtown parking meter in the mid 1950s! Just think, back then they were all wheaties, too! Ha ha ha. And folks get all excited when they get a wheatie nowadays! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom