Turner Camp Finds

KingofClad

Been detecting an old Camp the last few times out. Got permission and talked to some of the older residents in the area first. Results on two outings thus far:

3 mercury dimes, 1 silver Rosie, 25 wheat cents (oldest 1910), 4 Buffalo nickels (3 with dates), 4 pre-1950 Jefferson nickels and lots of clad. Also lots of bottle caps (50+).

This site reminded me the importance of those three basic rules to always remember. Work the site slowly and carefully, dig all the signals, pattern an area in more than one direction.

Also reminded me of that other important basic. If your not hunting a place that has the potential for older stuff don't be surprised when you don't find any.

KingofClad

More Turner Camp Finds

This is a site that keeps on giving.

Five more buffalo nickels, 1 V nickel, forty wheat cents, two more war nickels, a world's fair elongate, a toy metal cannon, three more mercury dimes and 500 bottle caps!

This fits my standard equation for having been cherry picked about 40 years ago. A few silver coins here and there that were missed and lots of nickels and pennies no one wanted to bother with digging.

Boy those German Turners knew how to party.

King of Clad

Sound like a great spot. Post some pics if you get a chance. When you say camp, is it like a summer camp for kids or a place for camp meetings (religious)?

Back
Top Bottom