How many motorcycle riders here?

In a vain attempt to re-rail the topic. Today I saw a guy on a motorcycle with a Border Collie riding in the sidecar. Hilarious!

Just for the record, I've never actually read this thread, just saw the title so my post of the video was no judgement on anyone riding a motorcycle, it just reminded me of the thread. I didn't realize anyone had commented on the safety of bikes. Just thought I'd clarify. :grin:

My last bike was an '82 GS 550. Sadly I can't ride now. I suffer from something akin to vertigo (central vestibular disorder) so riding just wouldn't be a very good idea. I am sorely tempted to give it a try.

Being disabled I can't afford even a used Can Am and I don't think it would be quite the same anyway. I might just go for an old school vw trike.

KT somwhow missed this thread until today! LOL

KT shows a pic of His Royal Steed when it was purchased. 2008 Goldwing 1800gl. Designed for long distance riding and the most comfortable bike His Majesty has ever owned.

Attachments

• 2008 dark maroon lady01.jpg
    2008 dark maroon lady01.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 667
'05 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Henry Gerson paint. Too many extras and upgrades to make a long list. In the process of selling it, can no longer ride due to health.

DSC_0010_zps0f0355c6.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsb1867880.jpg

DSC_0024_zps4e50fdf8.jpg

DSC_0013_zps8086a800.jpg

I've had so many over the years

But the one I had the most fun with has to be the 1982 Yamaha Turbo Seca (Yes, I said TURBO), it was a HOOT to ride! So nimble and so very fast when you rolled into the boost that the turbo gave it.

Yamaha-XJ-650-Turbo-03.jpg

I had a Honda CL 360, 1973 vintage if I recall correctly. Had to replace the carb diaphragms ($$$), seat, front (or rear?) tire and paint.

Was a fun little bike, wish I still had it. Sold it pre-collage to a neighbor who took it to Hawaii!

My commute is ~50 miles each way these days, lady been thinking if a bike...

'05 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Henry Gerson paint. Too many extras and upgrades to make a long list. In the process of selling it, can no longer ride due to health.

DSC_0010_zps0f0355c6.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsb1867880.jpg

DSC_0024_zps4e50fdf8.jpg

DSC_0013_zps8086a800.jpg

How much are you selling it for and where are you located?

Chris W.

I've always had Suzuki GSXR's until recently (back can't handle it anymore). Picked this up tonight. A 79 Yamaha XS750. It's in good shape and was FREE!!:yes: Hope to get it up and running soon.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 302
Hung it up years ago. Had two close friends killed on motorcycles sitting at a traffic light. Two type of riders. Those who've been down. And those who are going down. I hit a school bus when I was 17 and have been limping since the eighties. "Buy your son a motorcycle for his last birthday" was on the wall when I got the cast on my arm:no:

Hung it up years ago. Had two close friends killed on motorcycles sitting at a traffic light. Two type of riders. Those who've been down. And those who are going down. I hit a school bus when I was 17 and have been limping since the eighties. "Buy your son a motorcycle for his last birthday" was on the wall when I got the cast on my arm:no:

47 years riding with one 8 year break, over 100 different bikes. Down 4 times. 1st was expected, MX accident at 15, broke ribs, in bed for 45 days. 2nd time was 3 weeks after I hit pavement. Broadsided a 78 or 79 Datsun that ran a redlight with a 650 Special. Bike totaled, broke leg. 3rd was when I went off the road on a GW and smacked a tree. 4th time was when my trailer came loose on my Venture, road rash...hurt (Burned) like a B.

I went for a short ride this morning.

My father rode for 50+ years. Went down a few times I can remember. Worst was when he was going down a cobblestone street in the rain and two old people pulled out in front of him and came to a dead stop right in the intersection. He rode a Norton Commando but was riding a KZ400 that day. He was wearing full leathers. Hit the car, flew off the bike and over and the bike came down on him, fender taking a chunk out of his leg. Laid on the couch with a drain in his leg for a month.

My mother rode. She was with my father. She was on a 750/4, but it was a hard tail, chopped and raked with an 8 inch over AEE Springer. They went fishing on bikes. The rods came loose and one went right into the rear spokes, of course no control. So...road rash.

Buddy of mine killed when he went to pass a car, plenty of passing room but didnt know it was being towed with a 50 foot rope. Went down, car went over him.

Late last year, heading to the Dragon. Over Cherohala Skyway, 3 accidents, 4 bikes down in 3 miles. Serious accidents.

A lot more than that. ill probably take a short ride tomorrow.

Bumping this old thread... I recently sold my 1995 Vmax and picked up something a little more comfy. 06 Road King with only 7700 miles on the clock. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure I can fit the Deus in one of those bags. :yes:

Attachments

• 06ROADKING.jpg
    06ROADKING.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 06ROADKING2.jpg
    06ROADKING2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 251
Does this count? Its not done yet, but its American...

0729112201a.jpg

If anyone knows/likes Harley history, this is the badge for it...

badge1.jpg

<*)))>{

I think it counts! I built and have sported this 150 mpg beast since a decade ago when gas shot up to over $4 a gallon.

You laugh, but it goes 30+ downhill and no license, insurance, inspection or registration required since it's only 48cc's on a Schwinn Stingray frame.

I think it counts! I built and have sported this 150 mpg beast since a decade ago when gas shot up to over $4 a gallon.

That's pretty cool!

I went with a different engine, here it is mounted..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20151216_115925.jpg
    IMG_20151216_115925.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 170
user1851_pic353_1226765033.jpgMy scooter . I put 33,000 miles on it in 2 years when I first got it, travelled all over to scooter rallies.Would only go 62 mph but on 8 inch wheels, it felt fast. Lol what a lot of fun.

user1851_pic1558_1260633561.jpg2009 1200 sportster

user1851_pic2295_1351449414.jpg2007 Electra glide. It was a 88cui,I put a 95 kit , screamin eagle 203 cams adjustable push rods, super trap 2 in 1 exhaust. I got knocked down at a traffic light, hit from behind, knocked over and pinned under,Along comes a truck towing a trailer with a zero turn mower, he swerved around me but he swerved back in too soon.The trailer ran over me . At that point, I pretty much quit riding for a while.I sold all of my motorcycles but my 2007 Suzuki SV 650 which I still have but only ridden it three times all of last year. I haven't even renewed the registration yet this year, I need to decide whether I am going to sell it or not. Odd feeling since I've always had a bike ever since I can remember.

Last edited:
At that point, I pretty much quit riding for a while.I sold all of my motorcycles but my 2007 Suzuki SV 650 which I still have but only ridden it three times all of last year. I haven't even renewed the registration yet this year, I need to decide whether I am going to sell it or not. Odd feeling since I've always had a bike ever since I can remember.
Don't do it! You'll be sorry if you do.
Besides, that SV650 is just too much fun. (I've got three of it's bigger brothers...SV1K)

Back
Top Bottom