• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2 silvers this week

Uncletroy

Elite Member
Stopped at my bank found two. 40%ers this week. Oddly enough, (its hard to see in the photo) but one was crossed out with a green highlighter. Like it was already a picked through roll. I guess some people still dont save 40%ers? Happy hunting!

Attachments

• 20170414_103257.jpg
    20170414_103257.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 71
Congrats! HA HA, KT has seen numerous edge marked coins, and some of them turn out to be 40%ers...so the masses hunt but not with the knowledge necessary to get ALL the silver! :laughing: A little education is a wonderful thing!

Congrats! HA HA, KT has seen numerous edge marked coins, and some of them turn out to be 40%ers...so the masses hunt but not with the knowledge necessary to get ALL the silver! :laughing: A little education is a wonderful thing!

Thanks your majesty. :D

Back around 1979-80, we couldn't give away 40%'ers, even with silver approaching $50/oz. The H's wanted close to pure silver as possible in their quest to corner the market. 40% silver halves cost more to refine. Even today, many of the 40% halves bought/sold only change hands between collectors. I wonder how many actually make it to the smelter? I believe that's part of the reason they are so commonly found. Nowadays, many of us tuck away each one that we find. I personally sold close to 1,000 that I found roll hunting from 2008-2011, when silver once again approached $50.

I've kept the ones I've found since then.

Back
Top Bottom