SURPRISE V-NICKEL! Silver and more.

Silver King

Did more hunting over this past weekend and I am glad I decided to do so for what will be most likely the last time out for the year but you never know.

Hunted in Southern Minnesota/South Dakota this time and made more excellent finds. So let's get into it!

Dug another 10 Silver which included 1 Washington Quarter, 2 Barber Dimes, 4 Mercury Dimes and 3 Roosevelt Dimes. The 1937-D Merc is a beauty!

Other coins found were 1 SURPRISE V-NICKEL! You say what was such the surprise with this coin and I will tell you. 1886! That's right....an 1886 V-Nickel! As I was digging this Nickel my buddy was telling me it was going to be a V since it was about 8" Deep and when I finally found it, I seen the back first and told him it was in fact a V! With sarcasm, he goes "I suppose it's 1886" and I flipped it over and told him "It's funny you should say that....it is 1886". Both of us couldn't believe it. Man I LOVE DETECTING!

The other coins included 2 Buffalo Nickels, 3 Older Jefferson Nickels, 2 Indian Heads, 31 Wheats and a 10 Cent Play Dime.

Other finds included a Sterling Silver Ring, a Premium Kids Ring, a Dog Tag, Musketball, 3 Buttons, an Ornate item with a Square Stone, a Trumpet Button, a 4-H Pin and a Large Big Red Chewing Tobacco Belt Buckle.

Pretty good haul for as short the winter days are now. No clad count this time...hope you can forgive me? LOL!

Hope you enjoyed the finds and thanks for stopping in and checking them out. Good Luck to you all in your time out in the field. Silver King.

Attachments

• Dirty Silver.jpg
    Dirty Silver.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Cleaned Silver.jpg
    Cleaned Silver.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 252
  • V Nickel.jpg
    V Nickel.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Coins.jpg
    Coins.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 277
  • Misc..jpg
    Misc..jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 306
I’ve not yet find a v or a buff, I’ve found a war nickel though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's just an outstanding hunt. Congrats on the major silver haul with a double dime trifecta to boot. Congrats on the V nickel and all the other cool finds. If that was the last hunt, great way to end the year. HH Mark

Wow you must have hit a virgin site. Very nice group of finds. Big congratulations to you.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

We don't want to hear from you anymore lol ;'-)

Just kidding! Man, you always crush it. Thanks for sharing and great job on the rare V nickel!

Well DANG, you fine folks up in the snowy north are doing really really well for yourselves. Great bunch of silver and congrats on the V!!

VERY NICE finds, love that dark black Dakota dirt! And a 1886 "V" nickel, that is one tuff pull, congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom