Last hunts before winter

CharlieT84

Elite Member
Having just bought the detector this spring I hate the idea of putting it away for the winter. I know the frozen ground is coming so I get out as much as the weather permits. The snow we had a few days ago melted and I was able to get out the last two days. I was able to score two more silvers and a little more than $13 in clad, one hole had three quarters in it. I also found a ring and a Sacagawea dollar!
The Barber Dime is 1912 and in really nice shape as is the 1953d Rosie. Both of these had a nail in the hole and gave sketchy signals. I have learned that these types of signals should be dug. I dig more nails than I want but I also have found better coins than I did the first few months I had the machine.
The ring says BEAU STERLING so I think it is silver but it looks like it may be plated???? not sure....

Thanks for looking, happy hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_1018 coin in hole.jpg
    IMG_1018 coin in hole.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Thank you all for the nice comments.
I must bring my camera with me hunting more as I know it is much nicer to see the "field shots" rather than just pictures from the kitchen countertop. Sometimes the weather is iffy and it is easier to just leave it in the car.. LOL I am also amazed at how nice the Barber is, I imagine it was not in circulation too long.
Ben thanks for the website info on the ring.
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I scored a new permission at the dinner table while eating turkey yesterday- the house is 50 minutes away and out in the sticks but it is 150 years old maybe I will get to it before the snow piles up.

Great post ! Love the photos of the lush green grass .
Being from Wisconsin our days are numbered and conditions can be brutal .
Winter does test your sanity and I do not know if I can make it through another winter.
Dig as long as you can .

Having just bought the detector this spring I hate the idea of putting it away for the winter. I know the frozen ground is coming so I get out as much as the weather permits. The snow we had a few days ago melted and I was able to get out the last two days. I was able to score two more silvers and a little more than $13 in clad, one hole had three quarters in it. I also found a ring and a Sacagawea dollar!
The Barber Dime is 1912 and in really nice shape as is the 1953d Rosie. Both of these had a nail in the hole and gave sketchy signals. I have learned that these types of signals should be dug. I dig more nails than I want but I also have found better coins than I did the first few months I had the machine.
The ring says BEAU STERLING so I think it is silver but it looks like it may be plated???? not sure....

Thanks for looking, happy hunting.

That barber looks like it was dropped on the way home from the bank!

Nice job getting out there and extending the hunting season. If all of those coins are from the same spot then you've found a good one.

Back
Top Bottom