Half cents

Culbles

Hey, do these qualify for half cents?? :D

Small town home lot. Has produced a lot of clad pennies and very little other coins. And a bunch of these. Someone lived there that was a penny hater.

Attachments

• 20191203_173515RS.jpg
    20191203_173515RS.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 361
Those are the kind of "half-cents" we find in CA . The east coast guys, however, make up "fish-tales" about supposed USA half-cent coins found over there :sissyfight:

Those are the kind of "half-cents" we find in CA . The east coast guys, however, make up "fish-tales" about supposed USA half-cent coins found over there :sissyfight:

it will thrill you to know that's one I have not found yet haha

And op I was one of those destructive kids who did that type of stuff to pennies. tin snips, ball peen hammer, files, .22 marlin lever action, pellet and bb guns, super glue, and so on. I wager it was a bored kid

it will thrill you to know that's one I have not found yet haha

And op I was one of those destructive kids who did that type of stuff to pennies. tin snips, ball peen hammer, files, .22 marlin lever action, pellet and bb guns, super glue, and so on. I wager it was a bored kid

No, you were a NORMAL kid. Those are all things kids did, when there wasn't a controller to a video game console in their hands...

Other top-items:
Burning ants with magnifying glasses
Being a minor-arsonist
rock-throwing was an art
Pinecone wars
Playing "army"
Building a Fort to keep the girls out (not that they ever wanted to come in)
Wandering the local ditches looking for frogs, tadpoles, minnows, crawdads, snakes, horny toads, and lizards
Collecting bugs and putting them in jars with cotton balls soaked in rubbing alcohol (to kill them humanely). Sticking pins in them to boards.
Slingshots
Imagination games. Oh my goodness... Kids today do not know how to turn a bed into a pirate boat, and fight off raiders.
BLOCKS. We could build all kinds of stuff with wood.
GI JOE and Star Wars toys.
Finger painting. Moms today are too afraid of messes, I think.

The list goes on and on.. I think the imagination games part is missing the most, in today's generation...

Skippy

No, you were a NORMAL kid. Those are all things kids did, when there wasn't a controller to a video game console in their hands...

Other top-items:
Being a minor-arsonist
rock-throwing was an art
Pinecone wars
Playing "army"
Wandering the local ditches looking for frogs, tadpoles, minnows, crawdads, snakes, horny toads, and lizards
Collecting bugs and putting them in jars with cotton balls soaked in rubbing alcohol (to kill them humanely). Sticking pins in them to boards.
Slingshots
Imagination games. Oh my goodness... Kids today do not know how to turn a bed into a pirate boat, and fight off raiders.

The list goes on and on.. I think the imagination games part is missing the most, in today's generation...

Skippy

I myself have indulged in the penny cutting and all the things you listed. Grandsons have no imagination but they do have the controllers.

Other top-items:
Being a minor-arsonist
rock-throwing was an art
Pinecone wars
Playing "army"
Slingshots

Skippy

You must be a bit younger than me. GI Joe, Star Wars and finger paints weren't around yet.

Otherwise all the rest you listed plus:
Model airplanes: with nitro engines and control lines as well as free flight which we then chased all through neighbor hoods and fields.
Model Rockets
Chemistry set with concentrated chemicals not weak solutions.
Making black powder and firecrackers.
Mischieve night (night before Halloween).

And more..

Other top-items:
Being a minor-arsonist
rock-throwing was an art
Pinecone wars
Playing "army"
Slingshots

Skippy

One to add to the list. Used to have apple wars. Get a six foot bendy sapling, stick one the end and then send apples at whistling speeds at your friends. Man would they leave some good colorful bruises

One to add to the list. Used to have apple wars. Get a six foot bendy sapling, stick one the end and then send apples at whistling speeds at your friends. Man would they leave some good colorful bruises

Good one that my brother and also did.
Saplings worked but I used a bicycle inner tube on crossed wood, like a cross bow, to get 100 yard+ range.

Boy did we have fun back in those days.

Good one that my brother and also did.
Saplings worked but I used a bicycle inner tube on crossed wood, like a cross bow, to get 100 yard+ range.

Boy did we have fun back in those days.

Reminds me of my cousin taking leaf springs and a winch from an old truck to make a crossbow for a hotdog launching competition in college.(engineering school lol, the contest had weird rules but this fit the bill) worked so well it created a whole new set of rules for next year s competition, as the hotdogs went so far they were leaving university property....also launched a piece of rebar pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom