Good Ol’ whites DFX

Elixir

Elite Member
Today I picked up a whites DFX for 100 bucks off of Facebook Marketplace, but it needs a battery. Did I get a good deal? It’s in nice condition and I am excited to take it out. I remember back when, when this machine was considered one of the best. Now it seems like it is quite inferior to the newer machines. It’s kind of a shame that whites didn’t venture out and make another general multi frequency machine besides the V3i. Oh well, can’t wait to do some digging with this. HH All, Andrew

You stole it ! In the hands of a person who gets to know it they are not going very be very handicapped at all .You don't see that many for sale .I think most of the older guys who get rid of them do it because of the weight . I've seen a couple of guys who sold theirs to get something new , putting adds out to buy another one . They are built well and don't seem to have a lot of problems . A friend of mine had one since they first came out but then he went to Explorers and then an eTrac as far as I know his girl friend still uses it .
A little too heavy and complex for me .

I have seen an old forum member compare the DFX to some of the newer machines. The newer machines get much better depth. But, I like the way these machines operate.

They are a great detector and contrary to what some people claim they are not hard to setup and use. They have really good ID numbers that you don't have to guess what is under the coil, like you do on some other detectors.

I still have mine, bought it 11 years ago, used it for two years before I gave up on it. Ok for tot lots and shallow coins. Got tired of getting whooped on group hunts. I suppose the junk factory coil had a lot to do with it, but I’m sure a larger aftermarket coil would help.

Hmmm...needs a battery, so you weren’t able to fire it up?

I still have mine, bought it 11 years ago, used it for two years before I gave up on it. Ok for tot lots and shallow coins. Got tired of getting whooped on group hunts. I suppose the junk factory coil had a lot to do with it, but I’m sure a larger aftermarket coil would help.

Hmmm...needs a battery, so you weren’t able to fire it up?

I bought an AA battery pack and fired it up, works great!

Back
Top Bottom