• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sunrise Silver

TandTmrh

Went out to the beach this morning with my new Garrett Apex. Fantastic sunrise, the machine worked flawlessly in the sand as well as salt water. Found a nice silver to boot.
ebaf4aeca5bc56a7f98407a2b5c67bcf.jpg
8da8d82b9f0ddb935888a62414c69466.jpg
5a01e72bf6cdd28c29bf48a0eb84b38f.jpg
82be49f547d550e426f842f1d1aa9742.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sweet find. Looks to be in decent shape. I wonder why someone would even have that at the beach?

Glad the Apex is working out.

Ken

Been scratching my head all day after reading your post this morning. I don't go to the beach very often but when I do, loading up my silver dollar collection is not on my checklist. :?::?::?:

Ken

“Found a nice silver to boot.”

When I saw the title of your post and then the beautiful sunrise, I was sure you were gonna show a nice silver ring or pendant or such...
But that coin?!
Holy smokes!!!
Super nice save!:shock:

Doesn't look like that dollar has seen any water. Congrats!

Congratulations!
While there is no way to know how long that has been "in the ground" it is still an awesome find.
At my previous job, I carried a Morgan while I travelled around the country for good luck and I suppose someone else might have done that also...

I'm thinking fresh drop. Otherwise that thing would be black as can be, or covered in rock/pebbles/crust. Unless you cleaned it?? Either way amazing beach find

Ok guys...I'll do it...
I wouldn't call that a fresh drop. I would call that a fresh purchase. Are you hunting "Goodwill Beach" ?🤣🤣🤣

I’m no beach hunter but I have seen silver coins come from the beach and they are black from the salt and what ever else that’s in the ocean. But if you did find it. it was dropped like yesterday.

I haven’t been very active on the forum lately, but see no need to question the find. I don’t know the OP, but he’s been on the forum for over 4 years. Doesn’t seem to post often but also no history of questionable finds. Y’all don’t know if he cleaned it, found it in dry sand or even in the parking lot walking out to the beach.
Just because a find doesn’t look like what you expect it to doesn’t mean it’s not legit

TandTamrh, congrats on a sweet big silver!

I haven’t been very active on the forum lately, but see no need to question the find. I don’t know the OP, but he’s been on the forum for over 4 years. Doesn’t seem to post often but also no history of questionable finds. Y’all don’t know if he cleaned it, found it in dry sand or even in the parking lot walking out to the beach.

Just because a find doesn’t look like what you expect it to doesn’t mean it’s not legit

TandTamrh, congrats on a sweet big silver!
I have no reason to lie where I found it, sheesh. Was found in dry sand above the high tide mark. Probably a drop but still a beach find.

I have no reason to lie where I found it, sheesh. Was found in dry sand above the high tide mark. Probably a drop but still a beach find.

I have known a few old timers who have carried 1 in their pocket so they could "never be broke". I will say this about finding silver coins on So.Cal beaches. The majority are encrusted black. A few have been similar to the dollar you found. Even more odd are "blast white" silver coins I have found after / during big storms in the wet. My thinking is they are cleaned by the tumbling wave action because they have a grainy sandblasted appearance. Very rare and unusual when I've found them like this.

Back
Top Bottom