Another silver ring found at old Chicago park

BlueHuntsCoins

Another sterling silver ring I found at a very old Chicago park. It's so tiny which makes me to believe it must've been for a child. Nice heart designs too. Mercury dime for scale. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20201008_171051_891.jpg
    IMG_20201008_171051_891.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 437
Another sterling silver ring I found at a very old Chicago park. It's so tiny which makes me to believe it must've been for a child. Nice heart designs too. Mercury dime for scale. 😁

Very likely early 1900's ring made by Uncas. The mark would have a heart and arrow.

If it really is a Kiddie Gem ring, the history is pretty interesting.

In the early 1900s young men couldn't easily afford silver jewelry and so they waited for the carnival to come to town. Kiddie Gem made the silver rings as prizes to carnival games and the boys would try to win them for their sweethearts...some even as engagement rings.

That’s an awesome ring congrats Blue! I gotta go over to chicago sometime the hunting looks good!

If it really is a Kiddie Gem ring, the history is pretty interesting.

In the early 1900s young men couldn't easily afford silver jewelry and so they waited for the carnival to come to town. Kiddie Gem made the silver rings as prizes to carnival games and the boys would try to win them for their sweethearts...some even as engagement rings.
Interesting story. I do see the heart with an arrow mark beside the word Sterling so it could probably well be a Kiddie Gem ring. Cool! Thanks for the story!

Back
Top Bottom