• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What is your technique for finding a lost ring

kamogawa

I am very interested in hearing the different ways people go about finding a lost ring with their metal detector. I know about grid searches, but what else would you say is important?

You have to be in an area where people loose rings. It can be sports like baseball, basketball, or volley ball. I used to find them around tether ball poles in schools.(Do they still do that?) Also around water or where people remove clothes. Beaches, ect. Actually you're libel to find them anywhere.

Lost Ring

Sorry, I should have clarified that this is regarding when a person has lost a ring and needs help finding it.

finding out the composition of the ring from the owner (gold, silver). this will help on your VDI. hopefully the owner has a narrowed down location then a grid pattern would be best, if its a silver ring concentrate on dime/quarter/half signals. if its a gold ring your basically checkin any target from foil to penny just to be safe. if its a recent drop on dirt then you can also assume the target should be shallow so you can cherry pick by only diggin shallower targets. if the owner has a similar sized ring that was lost you could use that ring to see how it will register on your VDI which will also help ya sort out some of the trash items.

Back
Top Bottom