First park hunt.

Luke

I went to one of the local parks after dinner tonight instead of sitting in front of the TV. After about 50 ft. and 10 holes a local police officer rolled up. She asked if I had found anything good. Then said she had to lock the gate since it was 8:00 PM, but I could park on the other side and hunt as long as I wanted. I decided to call it a night with 4 dimes, 2 nickles and 5 pennys.

Attachments

• coins 001.jpg
    coins 001.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 471
Better than sitting in front of a tv!
Nice that you have friendly cops too, I thought you were going to say she kicked you out :lol:

Sitting in front of the TV is for rainy days and night time.:) Glad you got out and found some targets.

Great first hunt. Cool Cops to. Congrats on your first park hunt.

Nice hunt and great encounter with police. I find they are usually very nice and a lot nicer than some of the general public. RickO

Why is it that when and old timer detects cops or people think nothing of it. But when a younger person detects the people or cops are suspicious. Come on people cant younger people enjoy the hobby also. Its also a lot harder getting permission in areas if youre young. Thats why the old timers find all the good stuff because the people think nothing of it and say enjoy. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why is it that when and old timer detects cops or people think nothing of it. But when a younger person detects the people or cops are suspicious. Come on people cant younger people enjoy the hobby also. Its also a lot harder getting permission in areas if youre young. Thats why the old timers find all the good stuff because the people think nothing of it and say enjoy. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like someone has ran into some problems while detecting. :?:, Hope everything works out for ya.

I guess people suppose that a young person shold earn money. And if they see a young person swinging in the park they think that person KNOWS SOMETHING. And probably it makes spectators feel bad about that.

Nice start! As we say: your way will be like you've started. Hope all cops in your detecting trips will be so polite.

'Cause we're supposed to be at work, with the kids, etc..etc... and the "old timers" have already done all that....also, they probably think you just want to get a nice CLOSE look at the place to figure out your burglary strategy :lol:

I'm glad people aren't like that too much here....also, it helps that my parents are well known around town:D...not rich, just popular:grin:

Thanks guys.
I didn't know what to expect from the officer. Hope they are all that nice.
I went back last night for 2 hours. Picked up some foil, bottle caps, fake jewelry, coper wire, 1 quater, 2 dimes, 1 penny and a coper washer.

Very cool. Yeah, I have heard some pretty crazy stories involving the police and metal detecting hobbiest but I think the vast majorities of contacts are pretty positive, well in my case they have been anyways. Unless we are talking about feeding the ducks...if we are talking about feeding ducks, I can tell you a pretty crazy story. lol

Back
Top Bottom