• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Back to School

anode

I went back to the school where i found the merc's last week. Took my new 5.3 coil for a try out. It worked great in the trashy area's that i had problems with the stock coil.
June24th008Small.jpg

the only disadvantage to the 5.3 is the amount of ground you can cover. will take a few trip to cover the grounds. in the picture you can see the blue FEMA roof from hurricane Katrina. The School has been closed for about 5 years. i think it was built in the 1930's.
June24th009Small.jpg

Found 45 coins 34 pennies,5 quarters, 3 dimes, and 3 nickels. 8 of the pennies were wheats. also found a plastic ring in the hole with one of the pennies and a sterling silver chlids ring that was broken. the temp was in the mid 90's today so around 11:30 i called it a day.

June24th007Small.jpg

June24th017Small.jpg

June24th015Small.jpg

Very likely looking spot ! I don't mind the heat so much, but we've got mosquitos, gnats, and flies that draw blood here in the Carolinas this time of year...makes me miss the freezing cold, howling wind , and cement - like ground we enjoyed in March..Best of luck at the old school ! Roadrunner_426

Where there are wheaties, there's a good chance for silver too. Nice digs, and nice pics too. I'd keep at that spot for sure. Good luck!

Yeah, that's a good looking spot. The smaller coil should do well, but you're right, it will take some time to work the site with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom