2 more silver tickets

Wow - Your definitely having a good year so far.

Did you ever get the 4 inch coil from amazon for your BH? If so how is it working or are we seeing the results right now.
Did you have to have it calibrated or just plug in and go?

HH
PocketChange

Discovery 3300
BH Tracker IV

Nice hunting! Good stuff on all those posts! :grin:

PocketChange said:
Wow - Your definitely having a good year so far.

Did you ever get the 4 inch coil from amazon for your BH? If so how is it working or are we seeing the results right now.
Did you have to have it calibrated or just plug in and go?

HH
PocketChange

Discovery 3300
BH Tracker IV

Yes, I got the 4" coil.  Yes, it was plug and play.  It gets me in closer to the play ground equipment than the 10", but not any closer than the 7.5' on my Fast Tracker even with the sensitivity turned down. 

After swinging the small coil for a couple of hours, then switching back to the FT 7.5, it felt like I was swinging a brick.

However, the Fast Tracker is still the weapon of choice for tot lots, as it gives me a much louder feed through the head phones I have.  The 3300's softer tones aren't working as well for these old ears

Tro - My tones on my 3300 were great when I had a pair of full size Koss headphones that were for my stereo (but I never used them for that). I broke them about 2 weeks ago and then had a hard time finding something that would sound as loud. After buying and returning 3 different sets, I went to Radio Shack with me detector and tested ALL their headphones. I finally found 2 pairs that were good in the price range I was looking. The louder ones were full size (and $ 39.99) but I was looking to get those that are smaller and behind the neck. The ones that I got were much better than all the other smaller headphones that I had tried. So with the 3300, the type of headphones made a big difference for me.

Thanks for the info regarding the 4" coil, I was considering buying it as it would be interchangeable with my two detectors, but if it is not making that much of difference compared to the stock coil, it doesn't seem like it's worth it. I have a large public park within a 100 yards of my front door. It's kinda trashy, bottle caps, pull tabs, foil, etc, I was hoping the 4" might provide a little better target separation. The multiple targets under the coil can become quite tiresome :(.

HH
PocketChange

Pocket - when I lower the sensitivity on mine I get a little bit more target separation. You may want to try that when you think you might have mutliplr hits in one area.

Back
Top Bottom