lost ring (updated)

rusthunter

FMDF Chat Room Moderator
Forum Supporter
Got a call from a Lady that gave me permission to hunt her land back a few monthes ago. She lost her mothers wedding ring in her yard last week end. Wanted to know if I could look for it. So I guess I'm heading out that way now. Wish me luck. Will update when i return.

Good luck, and if you do find that wedding ring, just be careful what you're saying as you hand it to the lady, or you could find yourself in a whole new circumstance.

When I arrived the girl told me her story. She said the ring was her grandmother's who passed away years ago and was willed to her a couple months ago when her grandfather passed. She was crying the whole time she was telling me her story so I knew the ring ment alot to her. After 2 hours of searching where she said it was lost I did not find the ring.

Once again she was crying and thought all hope was lost. So I said I would search the rest of the yard just incase. She did not have much faith , but said go ahead and try if I wanted to. Well I'm glad I did because I found the ring on the oposite side of the yard.I knew from her description this was the ring we were looking for.

P1010001.jpg

LoL she let me take a pic of the ring , but I could not get a pic of her because she was still crying. She tried to pay me and I refused so she tried to pay me with an old whites mini master metal detector, but I told her she had better hang on to that incase she lost the ring again. She did not really see the humor in that.

Great job (I knew you would find it) and 9 out of 10 times it is NEVER where they thought they lost it. I have had so many people tell me they lost something and never seem to find it where they think they lost it. I think that what happens is that is where they are when they discover it's missing so they assume they lost it there.

Atta boy... Good JuJu is always good to have... It will pay off for you in the long run... In crappy times like this, it's makes a person feel good when you can help out a fellow person. Congrats and great job on being a great steward for our hobby!!!!

Way to go! Win-win-win, in my book. She got her ring back, you have the story and karma points, and great PR for the MD hobby!

emdees

Wow.. what a great feeling that must be.... i bet people go to those kind of missions hoping for the best but feeling like nothing will be found.... must be great when you find what your looking for.

Floridabill is right... people dont really know exactly where they lost something... could have been lost long before they got outside or before they even left their home... heck, could also be sitting in their jewelry box from all they remember.

Glad you had a great outcome rust....

Brilliant Jason :D

It´s always amazing to see how many of mDer´s have good hearts and do the good dead without asking for anything in return but the smile on people faces.

Great story and find thanks for sharing

Siggi

Back
Top Bottom