The Ultimate Virgin Field

JRinkus

Ok, Sorry for all the pics but this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Before you look remember that my MD buddy found just as much as me, so double everything you see. (The pics are only what I found)
The Story: We found an old military parade field that was definitely virgin. We have attempted to go at least once every weekend but were deterred by rain and cold lately. I am still active duty and he is a retired Master Chief. So we were not harassed being on gov property until the very end. We will wait a while and return this summer. So far this is what I have found. My buddy found a few more valuable rings and some really old Military Buttons as well.
Enjoy.

Day 1 I did not realize how much I would keep finding so I did not line it up. $13.52.

Day 2

Day 3

Day 3 Ring

Day 4

Day 4 Pendant

Day 5

Day 5 Ring

Day 6

Day 6 Ring

Day 7

Day 7 Pendant 3 layers Front

Day 7 Pendant Middle layer

Day 7 Pendant Back

Day 8 (I mean REALLY.... who would wear a big ass whale on their necklace):shock:

Day 8 Enlisted Collar Device (1917)

Day 9

Hope you enjoyed. We will try and get back this summer.

Very impressive indeed. That place is definitely the ultimate honey hole for sure. Well done.

Who harassed you guys? I am active duty also and always wondered about detecting on the base.

Keep us posted on this spot!!:shock:

Is the Master Chief a member? Have him sign up if not! :D

Who harassed you guys? I am active duty also and always wondered about detecting on the base.

Yeah, I'm a LCDR and was approached by a MA3. He said that we should not be digging on base. I did not identify myself but we decided not to press our luck because we were unsure who sent him. An hour before that the base SDO walked by to see how dry the field was. He was deciding if they were going to have PT outside or in the Gym. He said, "did you find anything yet?" So it was not like he cared. We will still go back, we will just wait until summer.

Nice of you not to "pull rank" on him! :D You sound like an officer I would have liked serving under! Go Navy!

Truly incredible. Can you get your friend to post his finds here as well? I can't believe this is only half of the haul!

Back
Top Bottom