1st Hunt in 2015= Silver AND Diamonds!

kcz72

Got out yesterday for the first time and detected some thawed portions of a beach. It was a rare 50+ degree day and I was just ecstatic to be out! A lot of the beach had frost anywhere from 4-12" deep, but that was okay withe! I started up by some trees where people sit. I found a junk ring and bracelet my first two targets. That kind of got my hopes up of hitting something good. I continued to work over towards an area of the beach that I know has had heavy foot traffic since the mid 1800's. I thought maybe I'd pick up an old coin or something. 2014's first hunt was also at this beach and I found an 1800's Canadian large cent, so I know the coins are there. It wasn't my day though. I kept working the old section of the beach down towards the water. The ice had pushed up a lot of gravel and sand that was all thawed, so I started working the newly deposited material. I was just thinking about calling it when I got a mid 80's tone on my AT Pro. It was a semi solid signal, but was jumping into the 70's a little. Usually, this type of signal ends up being one of the many pieces of melted chunks of lead or aluminum on the shores of Lk Huron. It was NOT a chunk of lead. It was a beautiful silver bracelet and it has 50 tiny diamonds attached to it as well!
It is a really nice find and I would like to know more about it. I searched high and low for the identity of the maker, but I can't find anything. It looks like the makers mark is an "HN" inside an oval. So if anyone knows about silver markings, please share!
The rest of the hunt was uneventful but it was by far the nicest "first hunt" I have ever had. The bracelet in addition to the mild temps was awesome! Thanks for looking!

Here is a picture of the bracelet.
11050656_974506202560347_3840973374364221612_n.jpg

And the markings stamped on the clasp:
1499530_974505695893731_6300476403814822927_n.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom