Well turns out my coin may be real

sgtwilks

Forum Supporter
A coin dealer with decades of experience sent my coin out to be certified and has a buyer set up. Could be worth 7 grand to me. I thank you guys that pointed out this coin as I thought it was a token. It is being certified right now. i will post the results as soon as the coin returns. I love this hobby.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1121151...66542/Desktop#

Attachments

• 2013-10-15_16-27-06_218.jpg
    2013-10-15_16-27-06_218.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,931
WOW! That's awesome news. : ) Please post a picture of it once you get it back, so we can all have something to dream of finding.

You may possibly be getting a little short-changed at $7,000. I'd do a lot of research before you accept an offer.

FWIW, there are a couple listed on eBay right now, one at just under $42K, and the another at over $12K. One sold at auction for over $76K just two months ago. Could be yours might not be in as nice of shape, or might not be as rare a variety as some of these... I don't pretend to know, I just did a couple minutes' worth of research.

Everything is "worth" what someone is willing to pay, be it a lot or a little. I'm just saying I wouldn't jump all over the first offer without being really sure it's a fair offer. If it's genuine and it grades high enough, you might consider hitting the prospective buyer at double his offer and then meeting in the middle. :yes:

Just like if you are looking to buy a big-ticket negotiable-type item (car, etc), you're probably not going to take the first price offer. Same thing applies when you are selling and your buyer is the first one to throw out a number. "$7,000? I was thinking more like $13,000". Then let the games begin. :lol: For a small commission, I'd broker it for you. :D

Hate to say it, but I'm with Ironpatch, it looks like a cast reproduction. Can see it where the 1 and 6 are attached by a glob of silver, happens again toward the edge of the coin.

I hope I'm wrong!

Yea I'm high flyer I would do my home work first before I jump at any offer. That coin is in great shape you should get top dollar.

Back
Top Bottom