• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Official Forum Wide 2019 Clad Totals = $13,593.39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if you'll think this is worth mentioning it's so trite, but it looks like there was just a slight mistake in that, adding $231.05 to $12,329.36, we get $12,560.41 (a difference of only 3 cents :D). So, please correct me if I'm wrong, I think the current clad total (including all posts up to #59, the most recent one) comes out to $12,848.12.

$12,848.12 + my own total of $5.78 = $12,853.90
:thumbsup: Thanks, Ron, for getting this thread going each year. It's neat to see how all of our totals, put together, really add up!

Good eye Princess! Thank You!

So, the next person will be adding their total to $12,853.90

I know I’m a little late but I just spent hours counting my 2019 clad because I’m lazy and don’t count it day by day. I just get home and throw it in a bucket to be tumbled later. I had a lot more than I thought it would be though!

$12,860.51 + $221.73 = $13,082.24

I know I’m a little late but I just spent hours counting my 2019 clad because I’m lazy and don’t count it day by day. I just get home and throw it in a bucket to be tumbled later. I had a lot more than I thought it would be though!

$12,860.51 + $221.73 = $13,082.24

It is never too late to participate!

Thanks for adding to our Forum totals!

Looking through my clad from 2019, I found a penny that wasn't with the others I've previously added, and so I will add him:

$13,082.24 + $0.01 + $13,082.25

:mder:

Where in the world are you people hunting at. I just retired a few years ago and love getting out when its not in the teens or snowing here in Ohio. I NEVER find as many coins as you are finding.

I really hope to see more reported clad added,
another $ 2,269.32 would put the clad totals of the last 10 years
OVER $ 200,000
can you imagine that mountain of clad :?::wow::wow:

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and Ikeep track this year coinage. Question, is a silver, dime, quarter or dollar worth it's weight in silver, or does it just count as the denomination dug?

I'm a new member so please forgive me if this sounds stupid. I'll be throwing my hat in the ring on the clad count for 2020. I have a question. When a silver dime, quarter, quarter or dollar is found. Do we add it's value in silver or is it counted as the denomination. Or does silver even count?

I'll throw my hat in the ring for 2020! Question, if you find a gold ring, do you have to weight and determine the value and

Welcome to the Forum!

Hope you do keep track of your clad finds, it all helps!

To be clear, this annual thread is for spendable coin found with a detector.
It can be spendable foreign coin converted to US dollars. In past years we have had more participation from places like Japan and Canada where they have high value coins when converted to US dollars.

I'm a new member so please forgive me if this sounds stupid. I'll be throwing my hat in the ring on the clad count for 2020. I have a question. When a silver dime, quarter, quarter or dollar is found. Do we add it's value in silver or is it counted as the denomination. Or does silver even count?

Clad = cladding.

Clad refers to modern coins made of low-quality metals and manufactured after ~1980 when the Mint stopped caring about the quality of their product.

If you have real silver coins, you can count them only at face value for purposes of this thread.

I would then separate them out before cashing in your clad.

Clad = cladding.

Clad refers to modern coins made of low-quality metals and manufactured after ~1980 when the Mint stopped caring about the quality of their product.

If you have real silver coins, you can count them only at face value for purposes of this thread.

I would then separate them out before cashing in your clad.

That is correct beachclad! That is why I specify "Spendable" coin. The USA is about the only country I know of where almost ANY minted coin is always and still legal tender.

I will keep this thread open until the end of March so if there those who have not yet participated can.

Wow I'm awful late here, sorry!! I'll add my $237.58 to the totals if it isnt to late!!
$13,082.25 + $237.58=
$13,319.83

Wow I'm awful late here, sorry!! I'll add my $237.58 to the totals if it isnt to late!!
$13,082.25 + $237.58=
$13,319.83

Thanks Chris!

With all that's been going on I forgot about this thread! :shrug:

I was going to close it at the end of March, but will keep it open until the end of April now.

What with many members stuck at home, maybe some who have not yet done it will count their 2019 Clad and add it to our Forum Totals!! :gettinmoney:

13,563.39 + $30.nn =$13593.39. Sorry, I forgot what the "nn" change was.
But if you look at the definition Beachclad linked to, cladding is the binding of dissimilar metals. In the U.S., cladding refers to 1965 and up dimes and quarters, 1970 and up halves, and the Ike dollars. See "cupronickel". THe Susan B dollars, too.
So, all of you go back and sort out the nickels and pennies, and count again.

I suppose the zincolns would be clad as well, but that may be more of a plating. Not sure about the gold colored, more recent dollars, either. I defer to a more recent numismatist.

Canadians, chime in as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom