New Hot spot

Jeff R

Elite Member
I had been looking around this cellar hole from the 1650s but, as is usually the case it is swamped with iron :(
Well,After about 1/2 hour I gave up at the cellar hole and moved out about 30 yards and found the remnants of a cart trail.
Anyway I picked up two coppers about 8-10 inch deep about a foot from each other. One is a King George ll Farthing and the other is not identified yet. Nice finds. It really dates the site for certain. Now I will Map it, GPS, and work on it for a few months. I will post some pics once they look a little better.

Congratulations! I've acquired a case of copper fever myself since finding my first one a couple weeks ago. Looking fwd to the pics.

Congrats Jeff! Sounds like a great area, and I know all too well about 'copper fever'!! Best of luck and looking forward to your pics!

HH, Hank :grin:

aahh, old colonial coppers my favorite (while drooling on myself) its great when your pulling them out of the ground and your huntin buddies ain't.(the dirty lucky little #!*!#@& look is priceless) way to go jeffr

WOOHOO! WTG Jeff! Where I live, I don't forsee me ever getting a Colonial copper. Nice going my friend.

Back
Top Bottom