Need to add to my bucket list.

RedNeckTechin

I have been detecting seriously for about 5 years, prior to that I owned and used a couple cheap-o units from radio shack. Last Sunday however my entire family and a couple friends managed to pool together and replaced my damaged Whites prizm 6t, with a used AT Pro bundle!!!! Within hours of getting it my first item got checked off my list, finding a silver thimble about 400 yards out in a field site. Research led me to find out it was made by H. Murh, sometime between 1885-1897!

uploadfromtaptalk1428062630920.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428062659200.jpg

Yesterday my girlfriend and her daughters were easily convinced to go hang out at the local park so I could swing some more. Found a few junk rings and a small handful of nickels, then my first gold ring found detecting!!!!!! It is marked 10k and has a break on the band that looks as if it was super glued together, ineffectively I might add. Luckily it has a clear name engraved inside and school and graduating year, so should be able to get it back to the owner, first possible return too!!!

Next problem is making a bucket list that I won't fill in a week, this new machine is AMAZING!

uploadfromtaptalk1428063044680.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428063157609.jpg

Happy hunting everyone!!!

Two definite keepers for sure. A silver thimble is high on my list. Hope you can
return the class ring. Congrats. You're off to a great start with the ATP.

Awesome finds, both on my bucket list as well and still looking. Congrats, good luck returning the ring! Love the thimble, one of these days I'm gonna dig me up one too!

She has come and gone and gotten back a ring lost in time. She lost it 5 years ago during a graduation party after removing to store it "safely" in her bra, got back home and realized it was gone. I think the coolest part of the whole process was for the first time hearing the back story to the exact item I dug. You can make up scenarios or even assume how a certain something got where it was, but finding the true story was amazing to me. Sorry no return picture was allowed to be posted online though, Happy Hunting to all and to all a good spring!!!

Back
Top Bottom