Monster ring!?

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
I went out twice today, once to a fairly new but large park that produced a few quarters, dimes, and pennies. All of the coins were easy to remove as they were just beneath the grass layer. There is a lot of soccer and little guy football practiced here so it should repopulate the coins well in the future.

After supper I went over to a nearby jr. high thats been a good ring producer. My huntin buddy and I have found six rings there: one gold, five silver. Make that seven after today. We probably have only covered a third of the grounds by now,and have been gridding the places we have hunted pretty well. As I was working my way back to the area we have been hunting, I was quickly swinging my detector along the side of the school near entrances to see what I could find. Near one I picked up a 46 signal on my 705. This side area is notorious for construction metal fragments that will give the same reading although with a bit of a tone warble, and a change to a slightly smaller VDI number as you pull the coil slowly away. This signal was more solid, so I pinpointed, dug, and out popped what I first thought was a joint fitting because of the size. When I saw the ornate design I thought it was more, but because the edges arent tapered, I still didnt think it was a ring but perhaps a napkin holder?

101_2706.jpg

101_2701.jpg
.53 oz? :shock:

101_2704.JPG

Its a beauty!

Back
Top Bottom