June Retrospective- Silver Record Breaker and a Mystery..

PrussianBleu

Better late than never, but it's round-up time!

June was a heck of a month; I managed to break my silver coin record again with nine total recoveries. Of particular note is the old sterling high school commerative spoon, which in retrospect I'm very thankful I didn't smack in half with my shovel. To date, it is one of the my heaviest silver recoveries, but more on that later...

Wheat cents for the months numbered 28, 10 less than last month. I'm slipping! :D

I was also very pleased by the silver quarters; last year I only managed to find two quarters total, a Barber and an SLQ, so I'm definitely going about it backwards. :D. The ring is sterling marked but I'm fairly certain it's some sort of crystal and not ice encased within.

The five-cent-in-trade token is also a first for me, found under a root at my old elementary school.

Also found in June was the huge ornate brass hinge which I thought was pretty swell and the non-precious Jesus charm.

However, the big stumper for this month was the mystery coin, which I've crossed posted with better pictures in the Help ID section. It's like an odd, mirrored copper counterfeit of a Merc. You be the judge!

Continuing thanks especially go out to IDXMonster for the tips and suggestions!
35d298bae0ef5e43c1ae3e13fa4914bf.jpg
180785a64d4672275cdc87bd9ec73c75.jpg
64e9216615e1a3426b130dff55b5eae4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WOW ! I'd say it was a good month, and then some. Congrats on some fine mding with all the shiny and cool goodies. That spoon is one of the coolest I've seen posted. Good luck in July. Mark

Thanks everyone! I also forgot to post pics of the tiny pocket watch from June's last hunt, IHC for scale.

Wood flavor of the month is 'Murrican Ambrosia Maple.
ac9ed700b80c565ca0ae92671d180f09.jpg
efce2d9c3e6ea5e81e46178919d518ce.jpg
a99a681d4b6d58f2b7519a696ff44361.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Your growth continues on the fast track Anthony. Your Silver count almost doubled mine for the month of June. And the Silver Spoon along with the Pocket Watch are both very impressive recoveries. Hope you ride continues its climb. A huge congrats on your successes. Trapper

I am really liking the arrangement Anthony! That “backwards Merc” is the most puzzling coin I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen a few weird ones. THAT one takes ALL cakes, I’m really interested in other opinions on what it might be, or might have been.
It really helps to have a sidekick who knows what they’re doing, I know. If it wasn’t for Trap showing me the CTX and the ropes that come with it back in ‘16 I’d be nowhere near the skill level I’m at, pure fact. There’s ALWAYS more to learn, and I think we are all collectively smart enough to know that! But you have really taken off like a rocket, and doing that in today’s public places is HARD TO DO! It’s looking great, that spoon is CRAZY now that I see it without dirt and weeds on it.:lol:

That is one cool spoon, and congrats on the other goodies. Most of those souvenir spoons (Sterling) were made and collected in the 1905-1915 time period.

That must be the best looking silver spoon I have ever seen come out of the ground . 👀.
Wow! No question.
Great report.
Congratulations PB 👍
,Dew

Love the woodgrain backdrop of the month! The multi-toned, contrasting banding, with a few wormhole accents; brilliant! Oh, and the finds are pretty good too. :lol:

That spoon looks like it could be cleaned up to look beautiful. I collect them, I wish I had that one in my collection.

Your growth continues on the fast track Anthony. Your Silver count almost doubled mine for the month of June. And the Silver Spoon along with the Pocket Watch are both very impressive recoveries. Hope you ride continues its climb. A huge congrats on your successes. Trapper

Thanks Trapper, I hope so too! I'm getting out a lot and having a lot of fun, in spite of the heat. You and I need to hunt soon sir, it's been too long.

Thanks to all for the continued supportive comments. I haven't been in this game very long but I'm having a blast and saving as much history as I can! :mder:

Back
Top Bottom