Golf Balls

ZachSS

I work at a golf course and I mostly ride on a tractor and cut the rough.
I probably run over 50 to 100 golf balls a day, cutting them up.
If I see a colorful ball I always pick them up, I'm like a mosquito going to the light I have to get them. Well I see golfers lose their balls all the time, I even been hit by a large majority of them.

Now I have returned cell phones to people, golf clubs, wallets, watches, and many other things they drop, they always just say Thanks thats about it. One doctor did give me all the money in his wallet for returning it one time, it was around 100 dollars, biggest reward I ever gotten. But anyways, yeah I just get a thanks usually.

Now when a golfer loses their golf ball and can't find it, and I'm near by I will give them one of my colorful ones and I'll say 'Sorry for your loss.' Now when this happens, I get hand shakes, fist bumps, huge thanks, a beer, a couple of dollars, cute girls numbers, huge laughs and just thank you after thank you and a huge smile. It's incredible to me how someone has such an attachment to their golf balls.

are you allowed to use a metal detector on that golf course ? I figure no but dang that would be a good time.

I often found lost golf balls while metal detecting in school totlots where people often practices golfing due thanks to the school's huge grass land. I have a pail full of lost golf balls. i give them to my friends who golfs often.

When I was a kid of 12 or so during the school vacations I used to take a rake and bucket into the rough at my local golf club in search of golf balls. I found hundreds and if I had kept them they would be worth considerably more than I received at the time! I found a number of Open Champion's printed golf balls. My favourites were Ben Hogan!!:wow2:

when I was a kid, my dad would drop me off at the golf course for the day, I would have a metal basket with rope tied to it, I would throw it in the lakes and pull in, would get like over 100 balls a day, then I would clean them with the ball cleaner thing on the course, then sit on the side where all the golfers passed, and would sell them 4 for a dollar. would make 30.00 easily in a day.

It seems like most of the parks that I hunt are used to practice golf. I found twenty-five one day and this isn't a golf course. They finally got around to mowing the park where I hunt. I found five today but four had been hit by mowers.

I work at a golf course and I mostly ride on a tractor and cut the rough.
I probably run over 50 to 100 golf balls a day, cutting them up.
If I see a colorful ball I always pick them up, I'm like a mosquito going to the light I have to get them. Well I see golfers lose their balls all the time, I even been hit by a large majority of them.

Now I have returned cell phones to people, golf clubs, wallets, watches, and many other things they drop, they always just say Thanks thats about it. One doctor did give me all the money in his wallet for returning it one time, it was around 100 dollars, biggest reward I ever gotten. But anyways, yeah I just get a thanks usually.

Now when a golfer loses their golf ball and can't find it, and I'm near by I will give them one of my colorful ones and I'll say 'Sorry for your loss.' Now when this happens, I get hand shakes, fist bumps, huge thanks, a beer, a couple of dollars, cute girls numbers, huge laughs and just thank you after thank you and a huge smile. It's incredible to me how someone has such an attachment to their golf balls.

As an avid golfer, I am sure many others golfers would agree with my philosophy and these few simple rules.

1. Never touch another golfers balls
2. Never wash another golfers balls
3. Never hit another golfers balls
and finally
4. Stay away from bunkers because the rakes will most certainly damage your balls.

Just my thoughts :lol:

Back
Top Bottom