• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lost ring not found

bardklb

i got a lost ring report from Lostmystuff group last week and contacted the owner. The ring was beleilved to be lost in the back yard. He got back in town yesterday and contacted me. My parnter and I went over to try and find it with no luck. Matt wasn't able to stay long but I was able to hunt for about three hours. I.m useing the F2 with DD coil and at times had trouble with EMI. with the sens down I was able to continue.The ring lost is a mans gold wedding band so being a recent lose It should pick up even with the sens down. It finially got too dark to hunt so the owners said well maybe it's not there. After a hug from his wife and a hand shake they offered mr money for my time and gas which I refused.Heck it was only four miles from my house.I'm thinking of going back with my sniper coil and trying again. The ring was her grandfathers and I would really like to get it back to her. I did ask as many questions that I could think of to help locate the ring. Any advice you might have is welcome.

That's a shame. Definitely go back if they will allow you to.

What was the situation in which it was lost? Usually the spot where people "realize" the ring is missing, is not where they lost it.

The lady was playing with a dog in her mothers backyard. She realized the ring was missing later that night. I went back on new years eve and hunted again, this time with my sniper coil. I swept the yard really good and even over the dog doo. I also looked in the front yard around the sidewalk and mail box. We looked thru the trash from the weekend. These are really nice people and invited me back any time. I hunted for a total of 5-6 hours and are pretty sure it's not outside. They said they would me my number if the ring was found.

I have used the F2 in the past with the 10" coil and had some success with finding rings. Are you scrimming out the iron setting?

I hunted all metal with the sniper coil. Got plenty of shallow targets from can slaw to coins. I did give them all of the finds from the yard to show that there were things in the yard just not the ring.

Every time I've found rings for people I use my stock 11" DD. Turn down Sens to about 50% or lower. I also have a Pinpointer as well, because if it was recently lost it's not going to be in the ground (maybe under some grass). I generally search in discrim. mode with the iron out. For me, a mens band will ring (if gold) will come in around a 30-60 and a womens will come in at 15-45. Silver on the other hand will generally be 70-90

Back
Top Bottom