• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ransom ring returned thanks to everyone.

kwo123

Elite Member
Derek stopped by tonight to get the money raised by members here and from other forum sites and the lostmystuff page. He is thrilled and grateful to everyone for their assistance. I will be providing Derek a link to this post so he can see that I've thanked everyone for him and he will be notifying the lostmystuff page to thank them.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 744
Derek stopped by tonight to get the money raised by members here and from other forum sites and the lostmystuff page. He is thrilled and grateful to everyone for their assistance. I will be providing Derek a link to this post so he can see that I've thanked everyone for him and he will be notifying the lostmystuff page to thank them.

Interesting situation....kudos to you for doing what you thought was right. I am sure he was very happy.

Wonderful Deed

Really admirable how you handled the Ransom Ring and to all those who assisted. I'm positive the owner is greatful for the effort you put in to help him with the return of his property!

He deserves it. No one should not lose an item that is sentimental to them for the sake of a few hundred dollars. A $50 tip for returning it should have been enough, but it is what it is.

Sounds like a good racquet. Even if it's legit, getting on a forum and begging for money is a bad move on the forums part for allowing it and it even being discussed now. Hope they have good lawyers if this ends up being common practice.

I actually just lost a very sentimental knife worth thousands. It's somewhere out there it happens. I have proof it's mine if anyone ever found it, but who knows if I would even get it back and who cares its replaceable no matter how rare or valuable. Write it off as LOST because that's what happened. The ring did not marry her YOU DID. Rings can be replaced no matter the age. If the guy came up with his own randsome money well then that's on him. No need for outside help.

Sounds like a good racquet. Even if it's legit, getting on a forum and begging for money is a bad move on the forums part for allowing it and it even being discussed now. Hope they have good lawyers if this ends up being common practice.

It's all about "Buyer Beware" here and we trust members to be adults in there dealings whether it be buying,selling or contributing.

I'd like to write an article about this story.... where can I get a description of what happened from start to finish?

Why is there always someone to complain about something? The man got his ring back and thanked everyone for there help. Why start arguing about what was allowed. It's over with.

Way to be tenacious there kwo, I know that the fella that lost the ring is very greatful. and you did a very good deed.

I think this is a good thing...

I'm glad the guy got his ring back. All things we find, outside of what we personally lost, belonged to someone else. If the owner came forward and begged for it back, how could you refuse? Losing it feels horrible, and I know how it feels. The sense of relief to have it back, and the service and the good name we all strive for should have been payment enough. Regardless, forum members came together to get the gentlman his ring back, which is what we do. We handle our own, so he doesn't get the impression we are a bunch of crooks.

It's true that we should be weary of scams, but we really should only entertain serious issues. After all, I don't do this to get rich. I do it for fun, and if I get rich off of it, I'm likely to spread the wealth around. It's not really my money anyways (unless I find a gold nugget, then all bets are off!!! :-) )

Back
Top Bottom