Got A Hard To Find 2 Center

Greek2Me

Forum Supporter
Went out Tuesday night after work for a couple of hours. I noticed they were digging up an old park in town so I decided to swing around the dirt piles. I would love to say this coin came from there, but it didn't. About 10 feet from the dirt piles by a tree I hit a bouncy signal on the CTX and I really figured it was going to be a new crappy half rusted penny. Imagine my surprise when I popped this out at about 5 inches.

Thanks for looking!

G2M

Went out Tuesday night after work for a couple of hours. I noticed they were digging up an old park in town so I decided to swing around the dirt piles. I would love to say this coin came from there, but it didn't. I hit a bouncy signal on the CTX and I really figured it was going to be a new crappy half rusted penny. Imagine my surprise when I popped this out at about 5 inches.

Thanks for looking!

G2M

How do you know it didn’t come from there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, that is a GREAT FIND, Congratulations. Very High up on my bucket list.

Still number 3 on my bucket list. Great find. Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments! I can't believe the condition this coin is in. I think it must have been dropped in the 1900s as clean as it is.

G2M

On my bucket list......congrats!

Sometimes coins are 'protected' by being under a structure - most old nickels in my area come out of the ground toasted - even Jeffersons that have only been in the ground 20 years. But I found a shield nickel in great shape, looked like a recent drop - wasn't even deep, but I was searching where an old shed had been. Must have been there a long time. Whatever it was, something protected that coin, and yours!

Back
Top Bottom