Plan to buy EQUINOX 800

Sundown08

Hi Everyone:

I am new to this forum. So glad I found it!!! This will also be my first post so here goes! I am planning to buy a Minelab Equinox 800. Detected for many years but work and kids took my time away from detecting. Will retire in about a year and want to get back into the fun. I currently have a VERY OLD Coinmaster V. My question is who would be the best sponsor to buy from? Sponsors are welcome to chime in or PM me. Also if I pre order now am I looking at months before I have the 800 in my hands? Any and all replies are very much appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

Last edited:
I currently have a AT PRO and I too was thinking of buying the 800. I have watched some good videos on the Equinox from a person who posts on here and he had very good things to say and show on the equinox. I then saw a post about how the Equinox is a throw away machine? Meaning that it is factory sealed to be water proof and has a rechargeable internal battery and once that battery is shot Minelab will not replace the battery and you may have to go outside of Minelab to have it replaced and resealed???
I have not researched this information so my opinion is ask a lot of questions from some of the sources on here before purchasing a detector. My experience had been great here and I have learned a great deal from posts and people here. Most of the information is pretty solid. Good luck

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum. I will just say that all the sponsors here are good and reputable. You might get a little different price if you shop around and ask individually, but for me, it really comes down to who is closest and can get it to me the soonest. In my case, that is Big Boy Hobbies. Bart is top notch and very helpful.

Good luck and happy hunting!

I’m looking at the equinox also,but I’m gonna hold off on buying one until more info is out there.Some say it’s good,some say it’s so so,,,if your wanting the best bang for your buck I’d suggest holding out at least a month before ordering anything.Who knows,the used market might get flooded with them,and if your set on the equinox you’d get a better deal.

Hi dolphins:

Thanks for the reply and info. The battery issue is something I will definitely look into. Seems crazy to build a detector where the battery can’t be replaced. Batteries wear out. 😮

Regards,

Steve

Hi dolphins:

Thanks for the reply and info. The battery issue is something I will definitely look into. Seems crazy to build a detector where the battery can’t be replaced. Batteries wear out. 😮

Regards,

Steve

The battery is replacable and minelab will do it, I have read.

Might need to check to see who will even take your order. I ordered two from someone who doesn't have a long waiting list. The person I checked with first said he had hundreds in line and wouldn't take my order:shock::lol:

Not good news to hear vendors are not even accepting orders. 😞 Can anyone PM me with a vendor who is taking orders?

Might need to check to see who will even take your order. I ordered two from someone who doesn't have a long waiting list. The person I checked with first said he had hundreds in line and wouldn't take my order:shock::lol:

Same here,Was going to order one but he refused said he had no idea when he would be able to get any. So I bought from another :grin:

Same here,Was going to order one but he refused said he had no idea when he would be able to get any. So I bought from another :grin:

Let us know how you like it. My friend had one from the big box store ordered in Sept. They might ship next Sept?:shock: So he ordered from a direct minelab dealer. He got his call a couple days ago. Hopefully mines next week. Luckily he doesn't even charge deposit. The big box store you had to pay in full. That's a lot of interest from Sept.:shock:

I’m looking at the equinox also,but I’m gonna hold off on buying one until more info is out there.Some say it’s good,some say it’s so so,,,if your wanting the best bang for your buck I’d suggest holding out at least a month before ordering anything.Who knows,the used market might get flooded with them,and if your set on the equinox you’d get a better deal.

If you are waiting on a used Equinox 800, I think you will have a long wait.

Trust me, I'm keeping every online shop I know of opened up on my laptop and refreshing each page as I walk by throughout the day to see if there is a slight chance they have a 800 in stock so I can grab it.

My wife actually complained that I DIDNT have a metal detector right now as she likes to go along and relax while I search.

Trust me, I'm keeping every online shop I know of opened up on my laptop and refreshing each page as I walk by throughout the day to see if there is a slight chance they have a 800 in stock so I can grab it.

My wife actually complained that I DIDNT have a metal detector right now as she likes to go along and relax while I search.

Got to check with who I ordered from before I post where I got mine. And thats after I get mine. :lol:But it doesn't take long after you are on the list and he gets in at least 8 a time while most only get in one or two right now. Im #2 on his next delivery and ordered not long ago. He also doesn't charge any deposit. The big box store you had to pay in full last Sept:shock:

Got to check with who I ordered from before I post where I got mine. And thats after I get mine. :lol:But it doesn't take long after you are on the list and he gets in at least 8 a time while most only get in one or two right now. Im #2 on his next delivery and ordered not long ago. He also doesn't charge any deposit. The big box store you had to pay in full last Sept:shock:

Thats a list I need to be on!

Hi Everyone:

I am new to this forum. So glad I found it!!! This will also be my first post so here goes! I am planning to buy a Minelab Equinox 800. Detected for many years but work and kids took my time away from detecting. Will retire in about a year and want to get back into the fun. I currently have a VERY OLD Coinmaster V. My question is who would be the best sponsor to buy from? Sponsors are welcome to chime in or PM me. Also if I pre order now am I looking at months before I have the 800 in my hands? Any and all replies are very much appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

If you want a Minelab Equinox 800 Metal Detector quick I would get on a sponsored dealers list ASAP. The demand for this machine is only getting bigger.

Back
Top Bottom