• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2018 Wisconsin Old Coin Contest

IDXMonster

Elite Member
Most of you know the drill...
1) Must be DUG IN WISCONSIN!
2 MUST have a picture!
3) Oldest coin documented and submitted by November 1 WILL WIN!

Pretty simple! We have had GREAT coins dug here in the past and I’m SURE there are more great ones to come. Get out there,dig furiously and have fun!

Congratulations again to past winners MattMit and Groundhog!

Already started looking for older areas to door knock. Hope I'm on the right track! Can't wait for the thaw 😨

Ok , I'll take the bait again this year .

Already started looking for older areas to door knock. Hope I'm on the right track! Can't wait for the thaw 😨

Making my move early so I can take my rightful place at the top and be able to say I held the top spot for a wile in 2018 . Even if it's only for a day.
I did dig this before Matmit dug his Indian . Not sure the date of his Indian but I'm hopeful he doesn't see this thread for a wile . 😎
And yes my finds are on the cover of the latest American digger magazine .. technically

My entry is a 1907 barber dime .
The rest of the 2018 finds are just eye candy .
Good luck to all .
,Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:
With a pile of silver like that, I hate to burst your bubble so quickly, but here is my 1906 Injun, if only for a week or so...

Attachments

• 1-29 06 injun.jpg
    1-29 06 injun.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 589
  • 1-29 06 rev.jpg
    1-29 06 rev.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 592
With a pile of silver like that, I hate to burst your bubble so quickly, but here is my 1906 Injun, if only for a week or so...

Ruling !!! We need a ruling !!! That six on that indian looks like it usta be an 8 🤔 ... or it still is an 8 ? Protest !!!!!!
Congradulations Matmit. For early February in Wisconsin I would say a pocket change wheatie could be leading this thing . Good work.

Last edited:
Looks like a 1909 to me! You have to read the first 3 numbers then stand on your head quick for the last one.:lol:

Ruling !!! We need a ruling !!! That six on that indian looks like it usta be an 8 🤔 ... or it still is an 8 ? Protest !!!!!!
Congradulations Matmit. For early February in Wisconsin I would say a pocket change wheatie could be leading this thing . Good work.

Looks like a 1909 to me! You have to read the first 3 numbers then stand on your head quick for the last one.:lol:

I thought it was a 1908 in the field too:D

Well,this oughta take y’all back a stretch...the date side is toast,I sanded it to determine the last digit may or may not be a 6,making it 1866,as they were made 1864-1873. Regardless....MONSTER UP!!

Attachments

• 4E52268F-2C49-4DD0-873F-162CD39F9AD6.jpg
    4E52268F-2C49-4DD0-873F-162CD39F9AD6.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 500
  • 119ECF80-A78E-459F-8C7D-58BBC6D29D3D.jpg
    119ECF80-A78E-459F-8C7D-58BBC6D29D3D.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 502
Awesome, what did it ring up as, and how deep was it?

I got back to the hole and it was deeper than I thought,about 8” with a rock solid 12-41. Not to mention the rusty nails and tidbits in there. I always forget how fast that shovel digs a hole! Manual 22,Ferrous Coin,stock coil...

Nice job Kevin!
That one will hold for a while to be sure:yes:

Thanks Matt,it shocked the XXXX out of me,I had a good idea what it was because of the size. Big T was hunting with me and I said “I’m pretty sure I just found something ludicrous!” It’s the first I’ve ever even seen in person!
The ONLY reason I dug it was because I was running a different setting and IDs are a bit lower,so I thought it might be tiny silver or a ring maybe.
At any rate,it’s incentive for everyone to go dig stuff up! If the last 2 years are any indication of what’s to come,we’re gonna see some CRAZY finds!:digginahole:

Definitely a bucket list coin!

You got that right! I’m hoping to get EVERY denom copper coin at some point,there are a couple I need to find yet...I’ll never find every denom silver,it’s just not gonna happen with that 20 center running around.:no:
I had fun today,I think that place will produce with some prodding and poking...

Stunning Kev...that should hold for awhile. Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike! For what we had found already yesterday,it was just about the LAST thing I was expecting. Have you had the new machine out for a drive yet?

Not yet buddy, going to set it up today and set my tone breaks up and probably give her a spin this afternoon. I am having a headphone mod done to it as well so I can run the Sunray Golds wireless as well. Was pretty busy with work the last few days but I will let ya know soon how i like it. IMG_0190.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom