Which one would you choose & WHY ???

Astronut

Which one of these detectors would you buy and why would you buy it? The three are the GARRETT AT MAX, FISHER F75LTD,MINELAB X-TERRA 705. I see a lots of people have one of these three detectors. Your feedback greatly appreciated as to your opinion on them PROs & CONs.

Thanks Bill

at maxx and the only reason is because its waterproof but I would choose the minelab equinox 600 over the at max anyday because its waterproof and multi frequency not to mention cheaper

I see you have the xterra now..I’ve had all 3,,still have the xterra..To me the xterra easier to tell a coin from junk,those other machines at good but more relic than coin machines,but they will find coins just not as good as the xterra imo.
Garrett messed up the audio on the max imo,the at pro is so smooth,but the max is choppy sounding,like the at gold..Other than that it’s a good machine.
F75ltd2 is a beast,but it has a big learning curve,not a overnight thing..But if your willing to put the time in it’s a great machine.And deep.
You stick a tornado coil on that xterra and nothing’s gonna beat it in depth,not identifiable depth.Its the only machine that hits my 10 inch mercury dime in the test bed,and gives a solid 42..a little high but it’s deep..
The at max is deep in all metal but who could hunt that way,unless it’s clean ground.
F75ltd2,it’s deep too,and a million ways to set it up,it can be as ez or as complex as you want.

Last edited:
I have the X-Terra 705 and F75 LTD 2 both good detectors. The X-Terra 705 hunting in fields if you use all metal the number 48 will hit on iron.

The F75 LTD 2 has a good selection of tones to use, for instance a site loaded with nails 1n does good, delta pitch is good for a trashy park you don't have to watch the screen the tone alerts you. There are lots of options with the tones. It detects deep with the 5" coil even on lower sensitivity.

of the three you have listed the X TERRA 705 is the only one I have experience with I have been using one since 2010 and have never felt the need to up grade to something better I have always felt the 705 is one of the most under rated detectors on the market and still fill that even to this day it is way under rated the only advantage in my opinion that the AT gold has over the 705 in my opinion is its water proof and the 705 is not I have used and still own the AT PRO which is brother to the AT GOLD me and the AT PRO never got along and I am not saying its a bad detector just that me and the AT PRO just never meshed as for the F75 have heard great things about it but have never used or seen one in use to give an opinion.

I love my Xterra 705 with the 15" Coiltek coil. But, ........... I've been saving to buy the CTX3030, but now with the Equinox out, it's made the decision a little harder.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom