Illinois

Welcome from Northwest Illinois. I'm well west of you and avoid the big city like the plague, but we sometimes host group hunts out here.

Spring is Coming!

Spring is just around the corner and we're at a balmy 46 degrees today. Wondering if anyone is still interested in getting together somewhere in NE Illinois to hunt. I know it's early but...

I'm up in the McHenry area, MD is ordered and should be in soon. I used to go out with my dad when I was a kid, been wanting to get back in it for a while.

He still has his older Fisher QuickSilver and can't wait to go out hunting. Always down to hunt with more experienced people :D

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!

I'm up in the McHenry area, MD is ordered and should be in soon. I used to go out with my dad when I was a kid, been wanting to get back in it for a while.

He still has his older Fisher QuickSilver and can't wait to go out hunting. Always down to hunt with more experienced people :D

Still new to the hobby but Definitely interested in getting out in the near future. PM me when your detector comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still new to the hobby but Definitely interested in getting out in the near future. PM me when your detector comes in.

It should be here later in the week, if Saturday and or Sunday are nice out im sure we'll be out hunting!

Definitely looking forward to it! Weekends are booked until 4/07. Maybe a group hunt then.

Count me in

This weekend I'm going out with a friend to an abandoned property that was an old homestead...hopefully find some goodies there

I know it's gonna be a little chilly this morning, but i'm gonna hit a local park. I really just wanna play with my new at pro haha

Tomorrow’s going to be beautiful weather

agreed. although it's not gonna warm up until the afternoon. For some reason I like going out in the early morning.

I plan on hitting Perterson Park this morning if you wanna join.

agreed. although it's not gonna warm up until the afternoon. For some reason I like going out in the early morning.

I plan on hitting Perterson Park this morning if you wanna join.

Sorry, saw this too late...

How was the hunt? Where at Peterson did you hunt?

Sorry, saw this too late...

How was the hunt? Where at Peterson did you hunt?

We hit the beach and the grass area in front of it. between my dad and myself we pulled about $6 in coins out, nothing special in that bunch. Then there was your large amount of beer caps, tabs, cans ect. I found a ring and a necklace! necklace is junk metal, still coll though. Ring is still a toss up. I'm not great at identifying but my dad thinks it MIGHT be silver. I should just ask the GF lol.

The areas around the baseball fields are a no go for me. wayyyy too much electrical interference, I couldn't get the MD to stop freaking out over there.

Whole park is very very trashy. I still would like to hit the open field where they typically have the carnival and where people park during events.

Tomorrow however, we're hitting a bunch of 130+ year old properties in Woodstock. Now that's what im excited for!

Sounds like an awesome hunt. I’m going out tomorrow as well but not sure where yet. Either an old house or two or a park.

We hit the beach and the grass area in front of it. between my dad and myself we pulled about $6 in coins out, nothing special in that bunch. Then there was your large amount of beer caps, tabs, cans ect. I found a ring and a necklace! necklace is junk metal, still coll though. Ring is still a toss up. I'm not great at identifying but my dad thinks it MIGHT be silver. I should just ask the GF lol.

The areas around the baseball fields are a no go for me. wayyyy too much electrical interference, I couldn't get the MD to stop freaking out over there.

Whole park is very very trashy. I still would like to hit the open field where they typically have the carnival and where people park during events.

Tomorrow however, we're hitting a bunch of 130+ year old properties in Woodstock. Now that's what im excited for!

How did the hunt go yesterday?

I hit Peterson Park yesterday for a little while...the big field in front of the beach. Found only 12 cents in clad and a "junk" ring (which is priceless to me :) ) Looks like someone else had been there though...found some targets (cans) that someone had started a plug on, and left the can there. I dug those up though and got rid of them.

It was fun though.

Back
Top Bottom