First Large Cent!!

A welcome sight, I'm sure! :yes:

The US coppers often ring in around the 82-86 range depending on depth and soil.

The King George coins tend to ring in in high 70's range for us.

We are usually running AT Pros with the 5x8 coil.

Keep at it! There is likely more of them hiding! :yes:

Man, (if you don't have one) get a 5x8 on that machine. They sniff very well through iron infestation and the usual trash.

How do you like that Max and how does it compare to other machines you may have used? :grin:

A welcome sight, I'm sure! :yes:

The US coppers often ring in around the 82-86 range depending on depth and soil.

The King George coins tend to ring in in high 70's range for us.

We are usually running AT Pros with the 5x8 coil.

Keep at it! There is likely more of them hiding! :yes:

Man, (if you don't have one) get a 5x8 on that machine. They sniff very well through iron infestation and the usual trash.

How do you like that Max and how does it compare to other machines you may have used? :grin:

I do have the 5x8 coil for it, but haven't mounted it up yet. I've only been out a couple times with the Max, but I like it a lot. It really is a turn on and go machine unlike a lot of the other machines I've used. It is really stable and so far predictable. I've only been to pretty clean sites with it so far, so I like the big coil. Once the snow melts, I will get it into some trash. I actually got the Max for my 10 year old to use and to have an extra for friends to use. But I think that I'm going to like using it a bunch. I have the waterproof kit for my Deus, but I'd rather leave that in the truck when we go river wading now that I have the Max.

Very nice. I am new to the hobby, but really want to find one of those large copper coins. Seems like they are more common in the north east (older I guess), so hopefully some of them made it to central North Carolina!

Back
Top Bottom