Pirate Booty! + 2 silver rings, and a gob of clad.

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
After spending most of the week unable to walk (thank you whatever auto-immune thing I have... Dr. appointment in June), I woke up this morning with full functionality! Woot!

Even my wife knows what that means. Metal Detecting!

Went out of town, today, to the next town over, to hit a high school and some elementary schools. Didn't disappoint.

Landed 6 rings, two of them sterling, one necklace, which proved to be gold plated, and 36 quarters. I thought for sure I had nailed $10 worth. Almost 40 is good enough, though. With dimes and nickles, I made it almost $12, and the few dozen pennies put me over the edge.

It was SO good to get out. I'm worried though that my endurance is taking a massive hit... I know I'll be "feeling" this one tomorrow in my lower back and my neck. LOL

Still though, to get out and pull some silver was a good time!

I definitely had more good targets than not. I love the AT Max's ability to discriminate out trash. It's really good at it. I was hunting in nasty stuff, too.

Funny find of the day was the Spanish Cob. As soon as I kicked away the bark, I knew it was fake, of course, but it made me smile. Arrrr, matey! Found me booty!

Hope all of your weekends went equally fun, if not more prosperous!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_2293.jpg
    IMG_2293.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_2294.jpg
    IMG_2294.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 213
You are digging for gold! Look at that trash! Amazing getting 6 rings and $12. Skeleton like key is cool too. I found one of those “cobs” at the river a few weeks ago :lol:

Congrats on the silver!

Great morale booster for you, I'm sure.....your thread reminds me of my self. I know what it's like to be down for an extended time and then able to get back out. I always over do it...….lol! Anyway, congratulations on such a haul and most of all, glad you felt well enough to get out. You need the exercise and vitamin D! HH!

Congrats on getting out again. Hope this feeling last for you.

What a coin! In the bark of a play area at a school?!?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Great morale booster for you, I'm sure.....your thread reminds me of my self. I know what it's like to be down for an extended time and then able to get back out. I always over do it...….lol! Anyway, congratulations on such a haul and most of all, glad you felt well enough to get out. You need the exercise and vitamin D! HH!

LOL Yeah. "overdo it"

My butt hurt like crazy, yesterday. All it did, though, was put a smile on my face, to remember being out hunting. Wow, when you don't use the glutes for a while, your body lets you know! LOL

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom