Finished with a "V" !!

beepsticker

My first full year of detecting came to a close this afternoon, and I am thrilled with not only the hobby in general, but the things I have found as well.
I got my ATMax in Nov. of 2018 and only went out a few times before it got too cold.
I started up again this spring as soon as the weather allowed, and MAN! what a blast!!!
Within the first six weeks I was definitely spoiled. 1908d dime,1775 copper KGIII penny,1925 Standing Liberty Quarter!!The rest of the year had ups and owns. Mostly clad and odd stuff (fidget spinner, cell phone,iPod, radar detector), some silver coins and rings[but no GOLD! dang-it]. 1944 Walking Liberty half.
Last shot today, temp in low 40's, 40 acres of corn stubble and only about an hour to hunt.
Had not found anything but junk and was working back to my vehicle when I got a decent signal and thought, what the heck, ONE more hole.

My first V nickel, 1892 in very good condition (you can see everything except "liberty" on the front and all but "e pluribus unum" on the reverse)
Sorry, no pic [my phone stinks on close ups], but believe me she's a beauty.

Great year! With all of those fantastic first-year finds, it shouldn't be too difficult to reconcile yourself to the lack of gold. ;) Very nice hunting... enjoy your 2020 season! :hi5:

I finished 2019 with a 1900 V nickel yesterday myself. Not the last coin I dug yesterday but close to it. Congrats on a great year!

Back
Top Bottom