In the home stretch, hammer down, silver # 100 fty is ?

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
View attachment 455847View attachment 455845I had a record silver day today, 11 total, most ever in one hunt, most quarters, and most Mercs. In case you don't want to read the post I'll cut thru the chase, Silver # 100 IS A 56 GW.

It looks like it just came from the Bank. It came just as it was getting dark. Solid 32 on the 800 and like the rest of the silver, pretty shallow most less than 3inches. Wheaties in the roots and down maybe 4 in. at most.

Let me back a little, last post I was at 88 hoping to at least hit 90 by years end. The 24th & 25th was family time so by the day after I had the itch. A small corner lot close by had given me permission and I hit that yesterday figuring if it was a bust I would head over to the last place. I wasn't a complete bust , 7 Wheaties, a nice sterling ring and a 54 GW. # 89 019.jpg

Today I headed back over to my new promising permission. Turns out this one could be my best yet. A couple shallow nickels, a 39 & a 40 Jeff and a high tone gave me an old lock arm. ( I dug the body maybe 2hrs. later about 15 ft away) Shortly after and not a half hour in I get a 27-28, Flip a shallow plug and I see shiny, # 90 is, a 43 Merc. OK I hit 90. It always seems like forever if your left teetering on the 9 # to get the next one. Not long after that a 32-34 gave up a 46 GW. Next signal was a 24-25, I knew it would be a memorial but to my surprise 64 Rosie was nestled in with it. At this point I was thinking if I can get to 94 I can at least double last years take. Two more Mercs got me there and a scratchy deep 26 gave up a awesome US Navy ring. I almost didn't dig it, the fact I had dug 5 silvers in an hour I wasn't letting any repeatable by. Glad too, I may be giddy over hitting 100 fty but that is without fail the find of the day. Check out the date, I don't its 2015, most likely 1915 and was cut to fit a child or sweetheart. I might put it on a mandrel and stretch it out to see the full date 020.jpg 023.jpg # 95 was close by, a solid 29-30 tuned out to be a 45 GW. and 96 came 2 minutes later, a 12-13 was a 43 war nickel. At this point I started thinking maybe 100 was doable. I said to myself if I hit a hundred I'll walk off and leave some for another day. A Merc and another Rosie got me to 98 and I started getting ancy. Bam another Merc # 99. It was at this point I started thinking about getting stuck on 99 I started chasing every signal and digging trash. A jumpy 11-12 gave up a Buff. Always a welcome dig. Just as it was getting dark a solid 32 not too deep gave up Silver # 100. I couldn't believe I did it. A lot of you guys have hit 100 even 200 + but for me this is just **********. Not only a record silver hunt, added 11 wheaties and a great mixed bag hunt with a lock, thimble, a marble, a car, a cool little tag or cover of some sort, a mystery coin. Just a great day. Thanks for looking in and if your wondering yeah I'm headed back there in the morning. Happy New Year to all. Mark

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
That right there is phenomenal!!! Huge CONGRATS on the plethora of SILVA!!!!

Man do I miss PA!! You being in Pittsburgh makes it doubly heart wrenching for me.....I was stationed in Carlisle for 1 year and LOVED the ground fishing opportunities.....

11 silver hunt and that ring? Bonkers! Congrats, and that '56 quarter looks pretty sweet.

Wow that's quite a silver haul! One of these days I hope to find a spot like that. Big congrats on busting out 100 silvers for the year.

An a amazing day for sure Mark. We call them Yooper days in these parts. Double digit Silver Coin takes just don't happen that often and
I'm sure you relishing in the glow of this hunt. I can say I have had the confidence in you that reaching the century count could and would be done. Your commitment and dedication has carried you to a new level in this hobby with this achievement. Well earned my friend and a huge congrats on what is a very glorious day. Oh and that Navy ring is pure icing. Trapper

Wow !!! Congratulations !!!

SS. Thanks so much, 3 days ago I was hoping to finish with 90 fty and just like that it rained shiny. Happy New Year, Mark

That right there is phenomenal!!! Huge CONGRATS on the plethora of SILVA!!!! Thank you, my best day ever.

Man do I miss PA!! You being in Pittsburgh makes it doubly heart wrenching for me.....I was stationed in Carlisle for 1 year and LOVED the ground fishing opportunities.....

Buell, Pittsburgh born and raised, wouldn't have it any other way. Happy New Year, Mark

11 silver hunt and that ring? Bonkers! Congrats, and that '56 quarter looks pretty sweet.

TS first thank you. That ring is the chunkiest piece of sterling I have dug to date. Cool wise it stacks up to a set of sterling wings I dug a few years back. The 56 GW looks better than the 54 I dug the day before. Now I polished the 54 but only rinsed the 56. I once dug a 46 Rosie that still had it mint lustre. Happy New Year, Mark

Wow that's quite a silver haul! One of these days I hope to find a spot like that. Big congrats on busting out 100 silvers for the year.[/QUOT

longbow thank you sir, my best day ever and now my best spot ever for giving up silver. Happy New Year, Mark

That is a whole lotta silver,your on fire .congrats on the whole pile

Woody, just unbelievable, if someone told me I would have a record December I would probably have looked at them like the cheese slid off their cracker. What a ride. Happy New Year. Mark

An a amazing day for sure Mark. We call them Yooper days in these parts. Double digit Silver Coin takes just don't happen that often and
I'm sure you relishing in the glow of this hunt. I can say I have had the confidence in you that reaching the century count could and would be done. Your commitment and dedication has carried you to a new level in this hobby with this achievement. Well earned my friend and a huge congrats on what is a very glorious day. Oh and that Navy ring is pure icing. Trapper

Trapper, thank you sir, first Yooper day for me ever. Hope to have a few more. Let me say, compliments and encouragement from you mean a great deal. You set an example and a standard for all to follow. Digging a 100 silvers fty is no easy task, so 400 or even 200 I can't even imagine.

The Navy ring is in the cool find of the year running .
Happy New year. Mark

Congratulations Mark !
Way to keep grinding .

Hitting 100 silvers in a year is instant qualification for the heavy hitters club👍
What a shine show .
Can’t wait for your season wrap up post .
Here is to heavy pockets in 2020🍻

,Dew

wow, Mark, what a hunt! Congratulations on the 100 SILVERS for the year! You sure had a good permission to rake in the shiny, am happy for you!

Congratulations Mark !
Way to keep grinding .

Hitting 100 silvers in a year is instant qualification for the heavy hitters club��
What a shine show .
Can’t wait for your season wrap up post .
Here is to heavy pockets in 2020��

,Dew

Dew thank you sir. Coming in to the last week of Dec. with only 88 I didn't think it would happen. One quick stab on a small yard and then the silver train came in. Am very pleased. And yes, heres to heavy pockets in 2020. An appropriate toast for the new year. Happy New Year. Mark

wow, Mark, what a hunt! Congratulations on the 100 SILVERS for the year! You sure had a good permission to rake in the shiny, am happy for you!

LS thank you. I had hopes this place had some shiny, but it gone way past my expectations. 19 so far, 20 if you count the ring. I hope it still has a little more. Happy New Year, Mark

ELEVEN silver in one hunt?
Are you freaking kidding me right now??
That is totally amazing and the Navy ring is really nice too:yes:

ELEVEN silver in one hunt?
Are you freaking kidding me right now??
That is totally amazing and the Navy ring is really nice too:yes:

Matt, I hear ya, this place is the kind you lay awake at night and wonder if there are any silver soaked places left. Until then, I think my personal best was maybe 8. No drama, most coins were anywhere from in the roots to 3-4 inches down. One Ihp (first hunt there ) was kinda deep in around big tree roots about 6in.s And yesterday went back and got 4 more. I hope there is more older stuff there. Happy New Year Mark

Wow, you finished the year with an awesome hunt. Double digit silver days are super tough. Congrats and way to go on the century mark for the year.

Wow, you finished the year with an awesome hunt. Double digit silver days are super tough. Congrats and way to go on the century mark for the year.

Jason thanks, that was my first double digit silver day ever (and probably only one) and put me to a goal that I was starting to think unattainable. Hopefully will be able to surpass that # in 2020. Oh did you see the marble? lol Probably me third one all year. Happy New Year, Mark

11 Silvers in one day and 100 for the year. Both are truly outstanding accomplishments. Well deserved congratulations, sir!!

Back
Top Bottom