First Finds of 2015 & first hunt with AT Pro!

GabbityGabby

Elite Member
I got the AT Pro today and took it to a school. I was only able to dig well in the woodchips and even then I had to leave the deeper finds because the ground was too frozen to dig deep. But I still found some stuff. Some clad, a heart pendant (not silver though), and a marble which was obviously an eyeball find (and my first marble found while detecting). Among the coins, there was a 1959 penny, a bicentennial quarter and a Maryland state quarter.

To everyone who told me there is a huge difference between the Ace series and the AT Pro, you were right! It's like night and day. I'm very impressed and I probably have used it for less than an hour so far. Looking forward to many great hunts to come!

Attachments

• DSCN4113.jpg
    DSCN4113.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCN4114.jpg
    DSCN4114.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 308
There is a scarce error version of that 1984 penny you found. The error has doubling on the obverse, most noticeable around Lincoln's ear. You may need a loop to look for it but you can find examples of the error on eB**. Not all clad is junk clad if you get lucky. Gook luck with the AT Pro.

There is a scarce error version of that 1984 penny you found. The error has doubling on the obverse, most noticeable around Lincoln's ear. You may need a loop to look for it but you can find examples of the error on eB**. Not all clad is junk clad if you get lucky. Gook luck with the AT Pro.

Thanks. Sadly my Lincoln is not of the doubled ear variety. Can't wait till the ground thaws enough for deeper hunting, then I may find some older coins.

congrats on the new machine Gabby, looks like you're off to a great start with it! :D (i like that little heart! there's your new good luck charm!)

and if you want a real good comparison between the Ace and the AT, just go back and re-hunt the areas you've already covered with the Ace and see what kinds of things turn up under the At's coil. ;)

Pete

Glad you got out to test the new AT Pro. Looks like you are getting the hang of it !! Keep practicing and it will become second nature to you. Nice hunt.

congrats on the new machine Gabby, looks like you're off to a great start with it! :D (i like that little heart! there's your new good luck charm!)

and if you want a real good comparison between the Ace and the AT, just go back and re-hunt the areas you've already covered with the Ace and see what kinds of things turn up under the At's coil. ;)

Pete

Thanks. I plan on re-searching all my old sites; I hope the expected freezing weather this weekend doesn't force me to postpone. I'm trying to get a head start on the other detectorists in town since I know they hit a lot of the same places. I want first pick of the "mother lode" of whatever people have dropped over the winter. ;)

Good work gabby , it's just great to get out isn't it?
Congrats on your hunt, and the new rig.
The ground is finally soft over on this side of the state .
Been sneaking out dealing with it since we got the nice weather but we didn't have the snow cover. HH , keep us posted Dew

Gabby, I'm excited for you and look forward to seeing all your finds .
Congrats on your first ATP hunt.
HH

Back
Top Bottom