My daughter got the find of the day!

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
Today was a 70 degree day in the Ozarks so I decided to take my daughter down to the creek for some early spring fun. We have always been able to find some neat rocks and shells here. Today was no different.

After picking up a couple of shells and some "neat" rocks, my 8 year old got all excited saying "I think I found an arrowhead daddy! Is this an arrowhead?" It is not uncommon for her to come to me with a triangular shaped rock thinking it is an arrowhead. Well, today, she was right! Now I am not an expert, so it might be a knife point or something else, but at any rate, she found her first "arrowhead" today.

At home when she was telling mom, she was saying that her brain was jumping and dancing when she found out that she found the real thing.

Thanks for looking.
Doug

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That is a awesome find , you have to really be proud of her. She will have to bring it for show and tell at school. Do you know what kind of stone it is knaped from .
HH

Nice find most points found in Missouri are made from Burlington Chert but the one your daughter found is from a stone that is called Rhyolite hope this helps.

Awesome! Pick up enough triangle rocks and eventually you'll get the real thing. Kudos to her and good job dad!

Nice find most points found in Missouri are made from Burlington Chert but the one your daughter found is from a stone that is called Rhyolite hope this helps.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. My daughter read some before bed and will read the rest tomorrow. She is so happy and excited.

Thanks Again,
Doug

Back
Top Bottom