Three little Indians

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I went back for the forth time to an old early 1900's house and again it gave up some goodies. There is one tree in the front yard that my buddy found one IH penny last time we hunted together, well I found all 3 of these IH, a V nickel and the Wheaties. It amazes me that you can go over the same area several times and still find goodies.

Attachments

• IMG_E4028.jpg
    IMG_E4028.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_E4034.jpg
    IMG_E4034.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_E4033.jpg
    IMG_E4033.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_E4031.jpg
    IMG_E4031.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_E4032.jpg
    IMG_E4032.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 122
......It amazes me that you can go over the same area several times and still find goodies......

Very nice hunting.

I've gone over the same areas dozens and dozens of times only to keep pulling new finds out of them. I'm not sure if that means I suck or if it means I'm very good! Probably a little of both.

I'm usually able to go back to my permissions a few times (or many times). What I do know is that I would have missed a lot of goodies if I had given up on a place just because I had an unproductive couple of hours or even day and concluded the place "hunted out". It doesn't surprise me at all that a place could be door knocked several times, for an hour or two each time, and still give up some goodies.

On the other hand, there are times where I've wondered why I was still trying to squeeze out the last drops from a permission when I could walk down the street, knock on a few doors, and most likely be surrounded by lots of good signals again. I know why (e.g., test of mental focus, application of experience and skill, make more interesting finds, etc.), and there definitely is a time to walk away, but it's definitely not after the first little dry spell.

I never get tired of IH's. And as for the conditions, well gee, they wouldn't be half-as-fun if they came out of the ground all candy-apple clean. Now would they ? :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom