Finding some Civil War glass

Fredneck

Getting into some camp huts and found this nice little umbrella ink, the flask, and unfortunately a broke cathedral pickle/food jar.

Attachments

• 2-2020 Hut forum 1.jpg
    2-2020 Hut forum 1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 645
  • 2-2020 Hut forum 2.jpg
    2-2020 Hut forum 2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 650
  • 2-2020 Hut forum 4.jpg
    2-2020 Hut forum 4.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 648
  • 2-2020 Hut forum 5.jpg
    2-2020 Hut forum 5.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 611
Great finds. Are either pontiled and do you have a picture of the cathedral bottle that was broken? That’s awesome and I’d be back there digging again

Thanks Soldier

Thanks yacorie, here's more pics. Best I can do with the cathedral pickle in the last pic, because I tossed it in the backfill to try to break the curse of digging broken ones. Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• forum 1.jpg
    forum 1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 533
  • forum 2.jpg
    forum 2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 489
  • forum 3.jpg
    forum 3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 501
  • forum 4.jpg
    forum 4.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 503
Very cool - thanks for posting the additional photos. Do you collect bottles or target them or just stumble upon them while MDing?

No prob yacorie, started digging house site bottles at a young age until I started pulling CW camp glass, which is what I mainly target now, along with a colonial glass. Closest I've come to colonial era is a broken onion bottle, but I did recently recover a bottle seal with the owners name and date on it.

I second what yacorie said - I'd be all over that place. Nice shallow easy diggin". Did you find those MDing or probing?

Nice umbrella ink! Those are usually pretty fragile so it's nice to pull whole ones with no corner damage.

I take it that flask was slick?

I second what yacorie said - I'd be all over that place. Nice shallow easy diggin". Did you find those MDing or probing?

Nice umbrella ink! Those are usually pretty fragile so it's nice to pull whole ones with no corner damage.

I take it that flask was slick?

Oh I'm all over it, this will be me until the heat and bugs rule the season.
Found MDing but surely will have to break out the probe eventually.
Flask is slick.

Back
Top Bottom