First ring! (Non-precious) photos incl.

k2gleaner

Elite Member
Very surprised to find my first ring in a farm field when I barely was getting any signals.

The farm was the site of a civil war encampment and had been detected "many times by many people" over the last 50 years as I'm told by an experienced friend.

I had two hours and just tried a few different spots. A '42 Merc right off the bat. A number of ring pulls (pulltabs - sorry, I've been watching "Dectectorists" on TV!), and then...

...up comes this "pulltab", i thought, and then I thought I'd found a pearl ring. Well, it's neither, although I'm curious as to the potential age of something like this.
6f3cb1d0392b3454fccafdfc882c5458.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Great job uncovering your first ring! :woot: This reminds me of my first nice ring, which, though probably rather inexpensive, was nonetheless exciting to find! Your ring and the silver dime are both nice recoveries. :grin:

Silver Merc is always a good day maker for me! That ring is interesting, you should post it in the "help ID my finds "section of this site. There are some good investigators there that might give you some information.

Wow I cant believe the "pearl" is still intact. Some excellent finds! I would hazard a guess your oldest item of the group Is the flat button. What's the thing with the red tip, a bullet? Also is that a wheat cent or injun? I would certainly go back, clearly there's plenty left If you scored all that on your first trip. Happy hunting!

Nice finds! The ring may not be gold but it definitely looks like it has age.

Can you see any markings on the inside of the band? That is where it would say 14k, sterling, .925 etc... As well as a makers mark if they bothered to mark it.

Good luck.

Wow I cant believe the "pearl" is still intact. Some excellent finds! I would hazard a guess your oldest item of the group Is the flat button. What's the thing with the red tip, a bullet? Also is that a wheat cent or injun? I would certainly go back, clearly there's plenty left If you scored all that on your first trip. Happy hunting!

It looks like a modern muzzleloader bullet, congrats on that ring. Excellent day friend.

I, too, imagine the flat button is the oldest find. (I love finding buttons). Yep, a modern muzzle-loading bullet, a dropped bullet! [emoji1787]

A Rosie, not silver. Not sure on the penny. Believe it or not, I forgot to clean it and check!

I don't know if the "pearl" is real. It doesn't look like a pearl to me. No iridescence. Looks like stone. ...and not set in gold?

I could have someone look at it.

Congrads on that hunt, some real nice treasures. I agree on the ring, any markings on the band could help date it. Just a quick guess would be the 60's up.

Back
Top Bottom