• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Jan. Report

Wow! Tremendous January, Mark! I can only hope my whole year goes as well!! Lots of great relics and coins in there, but I agree, that newsboy pin steals the show. The good luck token is a nice save, too - dating back to pre-1930s when the swastika was recognized worldwide only as an ancient symbol of luck and divinity, and it wasn’t yet warped into a symbol of hatred and antisemitism by Nazi Germany that we associate the swastika with today. I really like that badge and essay pendant too. Tons of variety - wonderful hunting!

Definitely a rare January for PA! Nice finds and better ones in store.

Thank you MD, it was a great month. HH Mark

Talk about starting the year out with a heck of a start. You have some really cool finds ! Can I come hunt with you�� Great job!

Yoop thank you, I think my hot streak might be over. HH Mark

Good photo line-up .

Thank you Tom. HH Mark
Love the variety and very nice display. Keep up the good work!

Appreciate the kind words. Thank you. HH Mark

Wow! Tremendous January, Mark! I can only hope my whole year goes as well!! Lots of great relics and coins in there, but I agree, that newsboy pin steals the show. The good luck token is a nice save, too - dating back to pre-1930s when the swastika was recognized worldwide only as an ancient symbol of luck and divinity, and it wasn’t yet warped into a symbol of hatred and antisemitism by Nazi Germany that we associate the swastika with today. I really like that badge and essay pendant too. Tons of variety - wonderful hunting!

Ben I was wondering where you been. Taking advantage of the mild weather I hope. And yes, thank you Jan. was a great start to the year. Very happy with all the local history I have been finding. Apparently the Pgh. Press ran those G.W. essay contests for quite a few years. I was finally able to find an undug example. The 1849-99 badge which I thought was Pitt U. is not that and an image search turned up nothing. I wish I could get a little more detail off it.
The swastika token I had to explain the origin to several people. But if you look close you will notice the Nazi's flipped it over and rotated it a bit. Still too close not to evoke thoughts of the hate and misery caused under that symbol.
Hope shiny shows up soon and often for you this year. Good luck Mark

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 71
Ben I was wondering where you been. Taking advantage of the mild weather I hope.

Kind of a mix - busy with work and family quite a bit, including a fun trip to Florida, but also I’ve gotten out to detect more than any other January yet. Unfortunately just not a lot to post about - most of my visits to the forum so far this year is just to drool over everyone else’s finds! :lol: I had my nice double Largie hunt to start the year, but mostly clad otherwise, plus some Wheats and a couple Indians. Only relic was a cool cross shaped 1956 rabies tag. Just parks and curb strips so far though - no real permissions for the year yet.

Back
Top Bottom