I Gave The Equinox A Try With New 6-Inch Search Coil

beephead

Elite Member
I went back over some detected areas and some virgin ground today. I'm just amazed at how many targets that little search coil can find. I found the 1940 Canadian 10 cent silver coin near the WWII pendant. Some kid must have gotten into his dad's stuff and lost it. I found the Rosie after I dug a large aluminum screw cap that was about 6-inches away. I found over a dozen wheat pennies, so that kept me motivated to keep digging.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0775.jpg
    IMG_0775.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0776.jpg
    IMG_0776.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 305
Jesus, all I can think of when I look at that plate is your poor back.lol..thats alot of getting up and down..Congrats on the new coil and impressive haul..I have a question tho..My racer reads canadian dimes as iron, what did it read on the nox?

Jesus, all I can think of when I look at that plate is your poor back.lol..thats alot of getting up and down..Congrats on the new coil and impressive haul..I have a question tho..My racer reads canadian dimes as iron, what did it read on the nox?

Thanks! This is an older Canadian 'silver' dime and it read just like a Mercury dime does.

beephead

Congrats on the 6” coil - if anyone can put it to good use it’s you,,,,, as seen in your follow-up results! Nice hunting Beep!

Nice finds beep, I love that WW2 pendent.

Ive got the 6" coil for the Nox and I was not all that impressed, Maybe I should give it another go around.
:mder:

Great job! If you don't mind what was the depth of the deepest dime or penny dug?

Probably the deepest one, a Wheat penny, was around 7-inches or so. On the silver dime buried at 6-inches in my test garden with some unintentional iron contamination around it, most detectors I have struggle hitting it even with larger search coils. This little 6-inch search coil hits it cleanly with over 2-inches of ground clearance. Also, it handles EMI great.

beephead

Nice finds with the 6" coil. I ditched it because it really loved bent iron and rusty nails even with the iron bias turned all the way up. I wonder if the new F2 iron bias settings fixed some of that? Hmmmm

A very fine outing Gerald. Congrats on putting a couple of Silvers on the board using that little coil. I enjoy using it in trashy areas as it separates like no other. Trapper

Probably the deepest one, a Wheat penny, was around 7-inches or so. On the silver dime buried at 6-inches in my test garden with some unintentional iron contamination around it, most detectors I have struggle hitting it even with larger search coils. This little 6-inch search coil hits it cleanly with over 2-inches of ground clearance. Also, it handles EMI great.

beephead

hey beep!
would you say the nox 600 w/ 6" coil out hunts your mojave?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

hey beep!
would you say the nox 600 w/ 6" coil out hunts your mojave?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

The Nox is deeper for sure. My Mojave ain't going nowhere. All my best finds have been with Tesoro detectors. Besides, it paid for itself 3 times over with just one find, a gold coin pendant. I sure wish they'd make a 7/8-inch 'concentric' search coil for the Nox. I really like the Nox.

beephead

Congrats on the silver Beep. I like my 6in. coil as well. I might part with the 15 but as long as I have the 800 I will keep a 6 for it. Good luck Mark

Back
Top Bottom