Another LC TO Finish the Year.

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Tomorrow looks like rain changing to snow so most likely today was my last outing for 2019. Had a great year. No shiny today but I did get my third large cent of the year. A scratchy 26-27 about 4 in. down and out comes # 3 LC fty. I was thinking a wheat or hoping for a seated but was surprised and quite happy with the find. One wheat and a buck or so in clad. Pretty quiet end to a awesome month of hunting. Having trouble making out the date, looks like 29, what do you think? I broke all my other previous totals and it would be nice to see my new oldest coin. To date an 1841 LC is my oldest found in 2015. As the Dew says, heres to heavy pockets in 2020. Mark

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 208
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Nice end to 2019, Mark! I agree, it looks like 1829 to me also. The “29” lines up right with the dangling curl of hair on Lady Liberty compared to clean versions I’ve looked at on-lime.

My year has been done for several days - I’ve been visiting family in NJ since 12/27, and decided to leave my detector home. Just too much going on with the holidays and family to expect any hunting time. I’ve had a fun year, with plenty of nice finds. I increased my totals in every category except silver - I fell short there both in coins and jewelry, which is a little concerning since I blew away my previous year’s totals for Wheats (141 in 2019 vs 108 in 2018) and Indians (50 vs 25). But I also know I didn’t work as hard securing new permissions, either. Anyways, that’s my New Year’s Resolution...seek out new private permissions more aggressively in 2020 :yes:

Happy New Year, Mark, to you and yours!

Nice ending to an awesome year Mark! Those are some great year end totals, I hope that the new year treats you just as good!
Happy New Year and best of luck in 2020!

Nice end to 2019, Mark! I agree, it looks like 1829 to me also. The “29” lines up right with the dangling curl of hair on Lady Liberty compared to clean versions I’ve looked at on-lime.

My year has been done for several days - I’ve been visiting family in NJ since 12/27, and decided to leave my detector home. Just too much going on with the holidays and family to expect any hunting time. I’ve had a fun year, with plenty of nice finds. I increased my totals in every category except silver - I fell short there both in coins and jewelry, which is a little concerning since I blew away my previous year’s totals for Wheats (141 in 2019 vs 108 in 2018) and Indians (50 vs 25). But I also know I didn’t work as hard securing new permissions, either. Anyways, that’s my New Year’s Resolution...seek out new private permissions more aggressively in 2020 :yes:

Happy New Year, Mark, to you and yours!

And Happy New Year to you and family also. I agree more private permissions are going to be key to more finds. Course your park as well as my local park is still giving up goodies. Just have to hunt a little harder. Congrats on a fine year, I had a pretty good one myself. I would like to think I'm getting better at it but most likely its the Eq.800..lol. Good luck to you in the c coming year. Mark
That's a fantastic find! :clapping: Enjoy your 2020 season!

Princess thank you, its been a wild ride. Good luck to you in the new year. Mark

That’s an awesome coin and you’ve had a great year. Congrats and good luck next year.

Yes Jason the detector gods surely smiled on me this year. Hopefully next year will be as good or better for you an me. You had a fantastic year, look forward to your wrap up pics. Good luck in the coming year. Mark
Nice ending to an awesome year Mark! Those are some great year end totals, I hope that the new year treats you just as good!
Happy New Year and best of luck in 2020!

Ron thank you. It has been my best year ever. Hope it continues in the new year. And good luck to you in 2020. HH Mark

sick sick sick :sissyfight: (I especially hate the in-situ reveal pix)

Ya know Tom, I actually went back and added the in-sit pic with you in mind. I knew how much you would appreciate seeing that east coast largie basking in the late Dec. sun. lol Happy New Year to you and yours. Mark

I'm really starting to dislike you...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Congrats!

Jerry, that LC was a surprise. So it was the only cool find of the day and that's because I kinda had the brakes put on my promising permission. I had to hunt plan B. That was an old spot where I found another LC this year. I finally met the owner on my last trip there. I had dealt with the uncle up till then. So this guy works in hospice care and I think when he saw an older guy he got concerned. He told me he didn't want me on the property when he wasn't home. He said if you were to fall or get hurt, I interrupted him and told him I have been an outdoorsman all my life and still got some mountain goat left in me but he didn't want to hear it. He said I could hunt when he was home but given his profession with no set schedule it will be hit or miss. I think maybe I got a polite brush off. We'll see. Happy New Year. Mark

A great way to end what was a fantastic year. Your Silver count along with all those old Nickels has been very impressive and topping all that by adding the 3 Largie's for icing. This last one being your oldest coin, 1829 tops my oldest which is a 1833 Largie I dug last year. Hope your next year tops this but but I warn you, that may be tougher to do. Congrats my friend. Trapper

Mark, congrats on a strong ending for 2019 with that LC! But then again, you had a fine year with all the other verity of coins too. Keep the train going in '20!

Congrats on the Large Cent find. To me it looks like the last digit is a zero. If so it could be 1820 or 1830.[/QUOTE

D4C Thanks, I agree in the one pic it looks like a zero but in the first pic I swear I see 29. I'm afraid to try and clean it. HH Mark

A great way to end what was a fantastic year. Your Silver count along with all those old Nickels has been very impressive and topping all that by adding the 3 Largie's for icing. This last one being your oldest coin, 1829 tops my oldest which is a 1833 Largie I dug last year. Hope your next year tops this but but I warn you, that may be tougher to do. Congrats my friend. Trapper

Trapper I hear you, repeating a great year will be no easy feat. I have not really set any goals for 2020. Maybe just hunt my ass off and hope for the best. I got out 131 times, I would like to match or exceed that. Thanks for the encouragement. HH Mark

Mark, congrats on a strong ending for 2019 with that LC! But then again, you had a fine year with all the other verity of coins too. Keep the train going in '20!

John, thank you. I had a great year and a phenomenal Dec. I also hope to stay on the train. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom