In memory of imalookin2

Nice write up Larry... I had talked to Greg a couple months ago... he told me what was going on... he had hoped to start detecting again when he felt a little better... its a shame that didn't happen... I will miss his posting style...

One thread I remember he posted a brass ring... I knew it was brass but I wanted to let him down easy... that was a fun thread... the good old days..

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=126738

He then posted another thread where he had to eat crow lol...

I'm just posting a single post from that thread...

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=1371210&postcount=33

I'm going to miss Greg he was a good guy...
2012 was when I first moved to Florida and really got serious with the hobby. I immediately recalled those posts!!!!!

“Ima”, as I called him, was a pretty entertaining guy here on the forum. He’s one of the first to reach out when I first joined. Good guy. Made me laugh. I’ll miss his wit and humor.

God bless you Ima!

OMG, spot on! Yup, guess that is when we both were beginning to actively participate in the forum and learn. ;)

:(

Aw man! A true loss to the whole detecting community. I'd had lots of chats with him over the years and he gave me some great tips in my early beach and water days. A nicer guy you'll work hard to find, if you can...

R.I.P. buddy

Very sorry to hear this news Larry. He was a good forum buddy to me. Do you remember the first year I came to Florida? We met at Daytona beach, and a couple others guys came along to hunt. I'm pretty sure it was Greg and another fellow. Can't really remember, it was so long ago. I remember all you were going through with your dad, and your wife. I will never forget the things we discussed after both our dad's had passed. It meant alot to me just to talk to someone who was feeling the same emotions. Hoping to get to see you this winter buddy.....Hugs from the Cold North.....RIP Greg......Curt

Very sorry to hear this news Larry. He was a good forum buddy to me. Do you remember the first year I came to Florida? We met at Daytona beach, and a couple others guys came along to hunt. I'm pretty sure it was Greg and another fellow. Can't really remember, it was so long ago. I remember all you were going through with your dad, and your wife. I will never forget the things we discussed after both our dad's had passed. It meant alot to me just to talk to someone who was feeling the same emotions. Hoping to get to see you this winter buddy.....Hugs from the Cold North.....RIP Greg......Curt

I think the other guy went by SS tupperware on the forum if i remember correctly? Be sure and give me a call if you can make it out this way. Thanks for the memory of Daytona Curt!

RIP. Nice write up tho. Always nice to have good memories of those we have lost. <3

Sorry to hear of his passing. Met him a few times also on Clearwater Beach, almost always had a nice find already in his pocket. Im gonna miss the chit-chat and sharing. God Bless him and Detect in Peace.

Back
Top Bottom