From Minelab's website....

Attachments

• image.png.86002945c85d23a6af7786a1e05e484f.jpg
    image.png.86002945c85d23a6af7786a1e05e484f.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 571
  • FB_IMG_1669923844984.jpg
    FB_IMG_1669923844984.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 594
I don't think rumors, that's undoubtedly "the announcement". New Nox's, 700 and 900.

- Dave

Interesting find! Doubt they mistakingly typed that on 2 different pages.

I am getting a bad taste in my mouth about minelab . Especially there updateable detectors minelab only updates things that should of been done before release .
I bought a ctx updates seawater because it didn't work as they expected . Here's the update that they gave chinese language wow and that's it. Or you could update your leaking battery pack by (BUYING) a new one sweet fix there problem with your money.
I bought a nox the only update was 4 khs the rest of the updates were for issues they should of fixed before release .

You want a update for your nox pay for a couple of tweek's buy a new detector 700 or 900
Will you find a $1000 more with these upgrades this is a joke

At least deus and marko give updates besides repairs.
I have a manticore on order may just drop and get a DEUS 2

As far as a updatedable minelab detector who cares they don't update just repair which saves them money so if you want to update your detector (BUY A NEW MINELAB):realitycheck:
I guess I well not be a tester for:furious: minelab sube

I am getting a bad taste in my mouth about minelab . Especially there updateable detectors minelab only updates things that should of been done before release .
I bought a ctx updates seawater because it didn't work as they expected . Here's the update that they gave chinese language wow and that's it. Or you could update your leaking battery pack by (BUYING) a new one sweet fix there problem with your money.
I bought a nox the only update was 4 khs the rest of the updates were for issues they should of fixed before release .

You want a update for your nox pay for a couple of tweek's buy a new detector 700 or 900
Will you find a $1000 more with these upgrades this is a joke

At least deus and marko give updates besides repairs.
I have a manticore on order may just drop and get a DEUS 2

As far as a updatedable minelab detector who cares they don't update just repair which saves them money so if you want to update your detector (BUY A NEW MINELAB):realitycheck:
I guess I well not be a tester for:furious: minelab sube

Sounds like youd love a Nokta Legend!

I don't think rumors, that's undoubtedly "the announcement". New Nox's, 700 and 900.

- Dave

Yes, that is exactly its Equinox 700 and 900 to go with the 600 and 800. Four Nox machines now. I have the Vanquish 540 Pro pack but someday I might get a Nox.

Other than the new earless coils on the Maticore and the different headphones of the Manticore (that dont work with the Equinox)

I wonder what the difference is between the Manticore and the Equinox 900?

Ill have to go through each of the manuals and take a look.

Other than the new earless coils on the Maticore and the different headphones of the Manticore (that dont work with the Equinox)

I wonder what the difference is between the Manticore and the Equinox 900?

Ill have to go through each of the manuals and take a look.

I think one of the biggest differences is the same Multi-IQ only on the Equinox 700 and 900, versus the new Multi-IQ+ on the Manticore. Minelab’s marketing folks wouldn’t say it this way, but essentially you’d be paying for “old” tech with the 700 and 900, versus getting new tech with the M-Core. I imagine that’s why the coils are interchangeable between the 4 Equinox machines, but not between the Equinoxes and the M-core.

So that was it, a slew of tweaked & updated Nox's to obsolete the old ones ?
I thought thats what software updates were for ?

So that was it, a slew of tweaked & updated Nox's to obsolete the old ones ?
I thought thats what software updates were for ?

Software that's free doesn't pull in money.

So this is something I tell everyone to think about when I talk detecting. I regularly test commercial metal detecting devices (for people and packages). You're only ever really paying for options, accessories, and comforts anymore due to technology being where it is now. Most detectors will find most things. The bigger thing you need to focus on is a good spot to be in. I have a bit over a year on my AT Pro and a couple years on my Nox800. Many of my sites I revisited with the nox and never felt like I missed anything with the ATPro. When I run test beds, both detectors find everything; to include my buddies all using different brands and models.

Research and location are bigger to me. On my best producing location, I have a buddy who uses a 15 year old walmart detector with a 6" coil. He found an ammo can at 2ft, cut silver at various depths, coppers, and buttons. Sure it's not a sexy feature packed detector with a 100 levels of disc, but a detector in a good spot finds stuff. Kind of like a car, they all can move, some better than others, but what extra features do you want.

Software that's free doesn't pull in money.

No, but when they advertise software updatable machines as a selling point, it verges on false advertising when they simply release minor revisions in an existing machine and market it as new.
I don't know, haven't researched this much and don't own any minelabs [and don't plan to] Maybe I am reading this the wrong way. If nothing else, it illustrates the problem of making grandiose teaser announcements that drive people to speculate for weeks on end, and end up coming well short of expectations.

One might argue, well how long are companies supposed to update products ? Must end some time. I don't know how many updates they came out with for this machine, but if the 900 is just a software tweak that could have been done with the 800, its underhanded plain and simple.
So this is something I tell everyone to think about when I talk detecting. I regularly test commercial metal detecting devices (for people and packages). You're only ever really paying for options, accessories, and comforts anymore due to technology being where it is now. Most detectors will find most things. The bigger thing you need to focus on is a good spot to be in. I have a bit over a year on my AT Pro and a couple years on my Nox800. Many of my sites I revisited with the nox and never felt like I missed anything with the ATPro. When I run test beds, both detectors find everything; to include my buddies all using different brands and models.

Research and location are bigger to me. On my best producing location, I have a buddy who uses a 15 year old walmart detector with a 6" coil. He found an ammo can at 2ft, cut silver at various depths, coppers, and buttons. Sure it's not a sexy feature packed detector with a 100 levels of disc, but a detector in a good spot finds stuff. Kind of like a car, they all can move, some better than others, but what extra features do you want.

Absolutely, any tool is only as good as its operator, and you won't find stuff if it isn't there. I have found an amazing amount of stuff with my lowly Ace 400, and still do. I have more capable machines but it is my go to because I know it so well, and have confidence in it.

How do you guys know Minelab could have even updated the 800 to do what the 900 supposedly does? Do you know if the guts are close enough/exactly the same so all it would take is pushing out an update. Maybe, but maybe not.

How do you guys know Minelab could have even updated the 800 to do what the 900 supposedly does? Do you know if the guts are close enough/exactly the same so all it would take is pushing out an update. Maybe, but maybe not.

THAT was my first thought. An update could be logical IMO. It depends on the chips on the boards, new on the 900 or still legacy. Hardware is the limiter.

Update-able probably means easier to manufacture and test. It's a selling point and in case of unforeseen bugs an easy fix. Was not the last update when they added F2 Iron Bias a performance enhancement. At that point and time they did not have to do anything. The Equinox was the detector selling like hot cakes. I considered that a freebie. The only real glitch was the stacked coin issue. That was fixed on an earlier update.

Update-able probably means easier to manufacture and test. It's a selling point and in case of unforeseen bugs an easy fix. Was not the last update when they added F2 Iron Bias a performance enhancement. At that point and time they did not have to do anything. The Equinox was the detector selling like hot cakes. I considered that a freebie. The only real glitch was the stacked coin issue. That was fixed on an earlier update.

"The only real glitch was the stacked coin issue."

No it was the half dollar on edge issue back then unless I missed the stacked coin thing.

Back
Top Bottom