What is purpose of Minelabs WM-08 wireless Module

MikeSD

I just bought a Minelab Equinox 800 with wireless headset package.

But I'm confused (sort of). The package came with a Wireless Module WM-08, that appears to have no use. The included wireless headset connects just fine, without the WM08. And the WM08 is rather expensive to be included with no apparent need.

What is the purpose of the WM08? I do understand it allows a wired headset to be used wirelessly. But since the package came with wireless headset, seems kind of pointless to include a $250 WM08 for no apparent purpose

Am I missing something? Does the WM08 serve dome other purpose?

Great to have as a backup, the the included phones are let's just say not the most premium quality.
With a good pair of headphones the WM08 sounds better over targets if the best quality tones are important to you.
The numbers are informative but me, I still give more weight to the tones I hear.
You need to deal with a wire but at least you still are not tethered to the detector.

Would have been nice if they have you an option on this thing when you order the Nox but Minelab evidently doesn't think that way.

Related Questions.

Is there a way to connect my Minelab wireless headset and a wireless earbud simultaneously to the Minelab 800? I want 2 listener capability.

I can connect both seperately but not both together. I can do this without using the Wm-08 wireless module. I wonder if there is a way.
, if I use this? I believe there is a way to connect two audio connections. Just don't know how.

2) I have noticed two different bt icons. One is the std. Icon and the other has a + attached. But I haven't figured out what controls that 2nd icon. That is the only one that allows headset to pair.

Related Questions.

Is there a way to connect my Minelab wireless headset and a wireless earbud simultaneously to the Minelab 800? I want 2 listener capability.

I can connect both seperately but not both together. I can do this without using the Wm-08 wireless module. I wonder if there is a way.
, if I use this? I believe there is a way to connect two audio connections. Just don't know how.

2) I have noticed two different bt icons. One is the std. Icon and the other has a + attached. But I haven't figured out what controls that 2nd icon. That is the only one that allows headset to pair.

The Equinox has the capability to pair up to four WM 08 modules at the same time, which I think is the only way to achieve multiple wireless listeners simultaneously. From the manual, page 55:

0FBC13E7-757D-4368-B399-BD1E090B6851.jpg

The two different Bluetooth icons are to differentiate between a standard Bluetooth connection and a connection that utilizes AptX Low Latency (+ symbol). From page 56 of the manual:

2DC64C8B-3538-47FE-9726-73DA4A543EEE.jpg

Standard Bluetooth headsets usually introduce too much lag when the signal is transmitted between the machine and the headsets...you’ll hear the signal after your coil passes the target. Headsets that are Qualcomm AptX LL capable have much less lag...many people won’t notice a visual difference between hearing the tone and the coil passing over a target. One of the advantages of the WM 08 module is that there is even less lag than with Bluetooth AptX. From page 54 of the manual:

9E9F8FA6-1EF0-4EAC-88EB-FA5482AA56AB.jpg

Using the WM08 would be far too costly of a solution. However, I have found a very simple way to get 2 wireless audio devices for only about $30, using wireless earbuds.

I was just looking to get 2 audio connections. One for me to listen to and one for my wife.

Using the WM08 would be far too costly of a solution. However, I have found a very simple way to get 2 wireless audio devices for only about $30, using wireless earbuds.

I was just looking to get 2 audio connections. One for me to listen to and one for my wife.

Lucky man.
My wife rarely listens to anything I say, talk about, or most anything else going on in my life...particularly my hobbies.

Lucky man.
My wife rarely listens to anything I say, talk about, or most anything else going on in my life...particularly my hobbies.

:)

I have a pair of wireless earbuds. There are two, and both work all the time. Meant for stereo. But for mono audio, two people can wear one and hear the same audio. So, my wife listens to one, and I listen to the other. At least that's the way it's supposed to work. But I doubt she will be interested.

Maybe my grandkids will be more interested. Each could wear a bud and both hear the tones.

The Equinox has the capability to pair up to four WM 08 modules at the same time, which I think is the only way to achieve multiple wireless listeners simultaneously. From the manual, page 55:

Standard Bluetooth headsets usually introduce too much lag when the signal is transmitted between the machine and the headsets...you’ll hear the signal after your coil passes the target. Headsets that are Qualcomm AptX LL capable have much less lag...many people won’t notice a visual difference between hearing the tone and the coil passing over a target. One of the advantages of the WM 08 module is that there is even less lag than with Bluetooth AptX. From page 54 of the manual:

Good point. I didn't think about lag. I'll have to do a test to see how much lag there is on my earbuds. If too much, I'll just use the ML-80 or the WM-08.

Does it make any sense to use the ML-80 with the WM-08, or would that require adding a cable between the two? Guess I'll just check that out later. Now that I think about it, the WM-08 is probably only for use with wired headphones.

Back
Top Bottom