UPDATE: A Lot Has Been Happening!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
I recently had my follow-up check-up at the Cancer Center. I had a bone density test and my mammogram. Bone density came back low so I'm now on calcium but the best part is my mammogram is CLEAR! My radiation oncologist has scheduled me to return in one year! :woohoo: :bouncy:

Also my house is in the process of being sold. The closing should be this week or early next week. I have found me an apartment. I'm just waiting for it to be ready for me they're doing repairs painting whatever they normally do. I'm in the process of packing and tossing out junk! The apartment is actually a postage stamp size compared to my three bedroom house so I have to get rid of a lot of stuff!

Have not been detecting lately probably a couple of months now. It has been too hot or too wet. I hope to get back into the "swing of things" once I get moved and settled! Hopefully the weather will be cooperating by then!

Pennyfinder

Congrats on the great news, very glad to hear it !!!! :thumbsup:

Not sure if you have already hunted out your own property there, but I would maybe try going over it real good one more time before you move if you can get a cool enough morning without rain and detect before it warms up too much. Then maybe plant a ziplock plastic bag with some Zincolns and a note to the next detectorist that might dig there saying "sorry, already hunted here" :laughing: They should get a laugh out of it too :lol: and if later they join the forum they might post about it :laughing:

If your apartment is far enough away from where you are now then you might have some new detecting areas to look forward to !

Glad to hear things are going good. I hate moving, you never know how much stuff you have until you start packing it up.
How old is the apartment? Is there a kids play area? I have had fun hunting big apartment complexes as well as the old houses that have been converted to apartments.

Huge congratulations. Maybe living in an apartment will give you more time to do the things you want to do.

I hate living in an apartment. I was raised on a farm with plenty of room for everything. Now my apartment is crammed full of items that I don't have room for.

Thanks Everyone!

@ DIGGER27 -- Thanks!

@ GKL -- Thanks! Yes my yard has been well hunted by me and many others. Nothing significant was found other than loose change and toy cars -- HOT WHEELS mostly in destroyed condition! The apartment is only going to bring me closer to the areas I already hunt.

@ Scooterjim -- Thanks! And yes I know all about the "STUFF" I'm going to have to part with! The apartment is for seniors 62 +, the disabled and veterans. No children other than grandkids occasionally and no playgrounds available! But our local park is close by -- and is one of my usual haunts! And it does have a playground! And there are schools close by! (Not sure if the apartment complex will allow me to metal detect their grounds?)

@ MuddyMo -- Yes! I'm hoping I will have more time -- but not until I get unpacked which may take awhile! 😋

@ Silversmith45 -- Yes! I understand! This apartment will be a new experience for me -- a first-timer in an apartment. I know what you mean -- going from a three bedroom ranch style home to a postage stamp sized apartment! I fear it will be much like yours -- crammed full for the same reason! 😟

UPDATE ON THE APARTMENT: I take possession on Monday the 24th! I go tomorrow to sign the lease and pay deposit and first month's rent!

Got a glitch in the plans!

Had three people lined up to help me move furniture. One person is going to have surgery on his back so he can't lift anything. The second one found out he's got bladder cancer and his doctor says no lifting so he's out and he's the one with an enclosed trailer. And the third one is having a problem with his truck and it is in the shop until who knows when so I guess I'll try to move some of the furniture myself -- the small stuff in my newish car! ☹️

Pennyfinder! Great to hear such good news from you on your health situation! KT knows exactly how much stress you had suddenly removed by that news!

If this old King was closer to ya, you can bet He would be helping you move! May be you should have a giant yard sale! GIANT yard sale! Ha ha! :lol::lol:

The banks have got KT shut down from CRHing, so His Majesty has been seriously considering hitting some local totlots again, maybe rigging some kind of scoop so he does not have to kneel down on every signal...as the old Royal Knees are really bugging KT presently. Anyway, keep us all posted on how you are doing and on how the move goes! :yes::yes:

Pennyfinder! Great to hear such good news from you on your health situation! KT knows exactly how much stress you had suddenly removed by that news!

If this old King was closer to ya, you can bet He would be helping you move! May be you should have a giant yard sale! GIANT yard sale! Ha ha! :lol::lol:

The banks have got KT shut down from CRHing, so His Majesty has been seriously considering hitting some local totlots again, maybe rigging some kind of scoop so he does not have to kneel down on every signal...as the old Royal Knees are really bugging KT presently. Anyway, keep us all posted on how you are doing and on how the move goes! :yes::yes:

Thanks KT! Good to hear from you! Didn't get the papers signed today the lady didn't call me back so I guess I will hear from her on Monday. She had me bring in 6 months worth of bank statements for calculation of my monthly rent etc. I guess she didn't get it done today so now I have to wait to hear from her on Monday! 🙄

Thanks KT! Good to hear from you! Didn't get the papers signed today the lady didn't call me back so I guess I will hear from her on Monday. She had me bring in 6 months worth of bank statements for calculation of my monthly rent etc. I guess she didn't get it done today so now I have to wait to hear from her on Monday! 🙄

Well, just have a relaxing weekend! Get by Dairy Queen and get a tasty blizzard! Sit out in your old backyard and just take in the sights and sounds. Go inside, turn on some relaxing music and either read a good book or take a nap!
:laughing::laughing::laughing: In other words, just relax and appreciate life!

Well, just have a relaxing weekend! Get by Dairy Queen and get a tasty blizzard! Sit out in your old backyard and just take in the sights and sounds. Go inside, turn on some relaxing music and either read a good book or take a nap!
:laughing::laughing::laughing: In other words, just relax and appreciate life!

Dairy Queen always sounds great but it's not a part of my diet these days! I've done real well on my diet and I'm down to the mid 130's now.

I have plans in the morning to go pick up my 94 year old friend and take her to our local park. There's going to be live entertainment -- a gospel group called The Kellys who will be performing for an hour before our annual tractor pull. We are not staying for the tractor pull but if we can get in without having to pay the $7 fee we're going to go see the Kellys! Then we'll probably go somewhere and grab a bite to eat as that's one of her favorite things to do when we get out and about! 😃

Saw my apartment today

I've heard of postage stamp apartments but this is ridiculous! The kitchen is barely big enough to hold the stove and the refrigerator plus a sink only one person can fit in there at a time course that's okay I'm the only one going to be there. And I've never heard of a living room and a bedroom without an overhead light so I can't put up ceiling fans. The heating and air conditioning is exactly like you find in a hotel room the big archaic never do well unit or if it does work it freezes you out! Definitely not energy efficient! Fair size closets but not much wall space only two walls in the living room that I can put furniture on because the other wall is half taken up with the stupid air conditioning unit! The living room and bedroom space combined will fit in my current dining and living area with room to spare! The entry hall is not even big enough to put any furniture at all in it like a small bookcase or a table or anything like that not if I want my brother-in-law in his wheelchair to visit me! He wouldn't be able to get through to the living room. I guess I'll stay there till the lease is up and find something else. 😠

Also I learned that the only hot water heater in the entire building is in the basement and is only set to 60 degrees. Guess I won't be getting too many good and hot showers cuz the whole building will use up all the hot water! They're afraid that us senior citizens might burn ourselves so they keep it on lukewarm! A friend of mine who used to live in that part of the apartment complex said that if you wanted to use hot water for your dishes you're better off putting some cold water in the sink and then boiling some water on the stove and pouring it into your dish water rather than wait two hours for the hot water heater to recoup.

Still haven't had the closing yet on the house but I'm moving in now!

Just started moving in today a little bit before the rain started. Going to be a slow process I will do a little bit each day. Just going to take time. There is a friend of mine who also lives in the apartment building that I'm in who said that he had some trailers and said he could help me move the bigger pieces of furniture later in the week. He's also moving somebody else into the apartments.

Just started moving in today a little bit before the rain started. Going to be a slow process I will do a little bit each day. Just going to take time. There is a friend of mine who also lives in the apartment building that I'm in who said that he had some trailers and said he could help me move the bigger pieces of furniture later in the week. He's also moving somebody else into the apartments.

Great to hear you found a friendly soul to assist you! :D:D

Another Update!

Closing on the house was yesterday and it's no longer mine and I'm moving out! It's slow going but I'm getting there just need someone to move the big stuff can't get ahold of the guy that said he'd do it! ☹️

Got my car paid off and I've got the title!!! :cheer::clapping:

Monday I will have two more debts paid off. I'll only have one more to go next month!!!

Back
Top Bottom