Word got around, and the Castle had an important couple of visitors!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Word got out that KT had taken in a Filipino American family, and KT got wind of an important couple of visitors were coming to the Castle!

His Majesty spoke to one of His Franklins and requested he follow the correct protocols for these important guests!

Then LO! They arrived! Two Uncirculated BU 1947S Douglas McArthur coins, one a 50 centavo and the other a 1 Peso, both 80% silver! Needless to say, everyone in the Royal Court were on their best behavior, including the Royal Photographer. Everyone knows how McArthur loved to be photographed, had his own photographers with him most of the time. His is greatly loved by the Filipino people and the family was enthralled to meet both of them!

Note the photographs, both obverse and reverse and the motto on the obverse.

The Franklin shows that the 50 centavo is slightly smaller than an American 50 cent piece and the 1 peso is slightly smaller than a Peace dollar, but both are very attractive coins, made only 1 year by the US San Francisco mint, and issued in the Philippines as commemorative coinage. Enjoy both the obverse and reverse designs! These coins are not well known by most daily coin collectors in the USA.

Attachments

• Not CRH 07 25 2020 1947 S Douglas McArthur 50 centavo and 1 peso silver obverse.jpg
    Not CRH 07 25 2020 1947 S Douglas McArthur 50 centavo and 1 peso silver obverse.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 215
  • Not CRH 07 25 2020 1947 S Douglas McArthur 50 centavo and 1 peso silver reverse.jpg
    Not CRH 07 25 2020 1947 S Douglas McArthur 50 centavo and 1 peso silver reverse.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 201
They are the first coins issued by a newly independent Philippines Nation , so very special coins to the Kings collection . you might also notice both profiles are slightly diffrent . Another nice thing is the King now owns the entire set of that mint year .

Very nice KT, they are BU, silver and huge! I don’t recall ever seeing one before now.

A bit of somewhat obscure American mintage!

They are the first coins issued by a newly independent Philippines Nation , so very special coins to the Kings collection . you might also notice both profiles are slightly different . Another nice thing is the King now owns the entire set of that mint year .

All thanks to you, davidhyde63366, so a Royal Thanks for bringing them to His Majesty's attention! KT wonders if the artist did those portraits freehand? The cap slouches a bit lower on the 1 peso coin, too! KT likes these slight differences! KT wonders if there may be a special 2 coin folder/holder available?

A bit of somewhat obscure American mintage!

All thanks to you, davidhyde63366, so a Royal Thanks for bringing them to His Majesty's attention! KT wonders if the artist did those portraits freehand? The cap slouches a bit lower on the 1 peso coin, too! KT likes these slight differences! KT wonders if there may be a special 2 coin folder/holder available?

yes they were often sold in sets , also some more information https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=25439 A link that shows some of them in 2 coin holders https://www.bing.com/images/search?...et&form=IGRE&first=1&scenario=ImageBasicHover

Nice going on the Macs Your Highness . The American minted Philippines coins are
awesome . My favorites are the silver Walking Ladies , a beautiful mintage in several sizes and denominations .

American issued Philippines coins

Nice going on the Macs Your Highness . The American minted Philippines coins are
awesome . My favorites are the silver Walking Ladies , a beautiful mintage in several sizes and denominations .

I think you are referring to these , the first USA issued coins in the Philippines in 1903 very beautiful design and one of my personal favorites . I have a number of them in my collection. A few dates are hard to find and go for bigger bucks. A large number of them ended up being dumped in Manila bay to keep them out of Japanese hands when they invaded the Philippines.http://www.coinfactswiki.com/wiki/Philippines_1903_peso

I think you are referring to these , the first USA issued coins in the Philippines in 1903 very beautiful design and one of my personal favorites . I have a number of them in my collection. A few dates are hard to find and go for bigger bucks. A large number of them ended up being dumped in Manila bay to keep them out of Japanese hands when they invaded the Philippines.http://www.coinfactswiki.com/wiki/Philippines_1903_peso

Yes , those are the ones. :yes:

KT supposes that is wishful thinking that He might find a holder set for this pair of coins, being that they are different sizes than standard American 50 cent and large dollar coins. KT has a paper punch set but does not think it is as large as that 1 Peso coin! Oh well!

Back
Top Bottom