Minelab new advert/commercial or video

The detector they showed looked like a garrett. I think they are trying to remind everyone about their pioneering of multi frequency technology. This is good for us the consumer, nothing wrong with friendly competition

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I wonder how long ago that advertisement was made since the "Garrett" detector looked like an older ACE and not the new Apex.

I can see where Minelab is coming from. It would be easy for prospective detector buyers to think that all simultaneous multi frequency implementations in detectors are similar or even the same. So as long as a detector has SMF all is good and equal which would be a big mistake. Minelab have made FBS, BBS, FBS 2 and now Multi-IQ forms of simultaneous multi frequency detectors. The multi frequency engineering in the Garrett APEX is definitely not the same as Minelab's Multi-IQ found in the Vanquish and Equinox detectors nor are Minelab's earlier simultaneous multi frequency technologies which have painfully slow recovery speeds and just so-so target separation. The Equinox and to a little lesser extent, the Vanquish have much faster recovery speed and way better than average target separation.

Regaurdless if minelab has the multi thing down or not Garrett will still outsell everyone every year just due to the selection of lower ended machines. Would you rather have a go find or an ace series unit?

Regaurdless if minelab has the multi thing down or not Garrett will still outsell everyone every year just due to the selection of lower ended machines. Would you rather have a go find or an ace series unit?

A Go Find

Ooooohh! A punch to Garrett's gut! That was brutal!:no:

Or Minelab is worried another company has created SMF detectors. Good on Garrett to release the cheaper version first to see the feedback and chatter. Now they'll be able to optimize the AT Apex. One thing is for sure. The Nox didn't obsolete all other detectors. Not even other Minelab detectors.

I know it's early on with the Apex, but if it does not start showing up in every Hoover Boys video then something is definitely amiss. I would have thought if it was a decent machine the Hoover Boys would be out there with it every episode. I would think if the machine is shipping they have them already. I guess time will tell.

I know it's early on with the Apex, but if it does not start showing up in every Hoover Boys video then something is definitely amiss. I would have thought if it was a decent machine the Hoover Boys would be out there with it every episode. I would think if the machine is shipping they have them already. I guess time will tell.

Why ? Do you use only your Nox when detecting ? The Apex isn't Garrett's high end machine. The next release likely will be though.

Why ? Do you use only your Nox when detecting ? The Apex isn't Garrett's high end machine. The next release likely will be though.

Yeah I pretty much do use my 800 90% of the time. I determined within a very short period of time it worked best for me. The Equinox is not Minelab's high end machine either, but you have seen a lot of former Etrac and CTX users switch due to it's performance. The Etrac and the CTX still beat the Equinox at some things, but when you weigh all aspects of performance it's a killer overall detector.

Yeah I pretty much do use my 800 90% of the time. I determined within a very short period of time it worked best for me. The Equinox is not Minelab's high end machine either, but you have seen a lot of former Etrac and CTX users switch due to it's performance. The Etrac and the CTX still beat the Equinox at some things, but when you weigh all aspects of performance it's a killer overall detector.

I agree it's very good. SMF is great for jewelry. I still use my F-75 though. Overall it has proven deeper than the Nox. It hits silver on edge better than the Nox.

To be fair the Apex was not advertised or intended to replace the Atpro or atmax. I can confirm first hand as a long time Atpro user and Apex owner that it will not replace either of those machines. Maybe an upgraded pro model down the road will??
I would like to see it come out next March or April.
I wouldn't hold your breath. I would be shocked if they release any new machines in the next year.
I agree completely. Hoover boys currently use the Atpro almost exclusively. I also noticed they use the equinox as well but rarely show it on camera for some reason[emoji6](just kidding we all know the reason)

I exclusively use the equinox 800 outside of testing and reviewing other machines. I owned the Atpro, Etrac, and CTX when I purchased my Equinox and sold all other machines shortly after. They were just collecting dust. I currently own a 600 for backup machine as well. I have owned many other new machines as well including the Apex which will likely be sold after I complete my testing and reviews.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To be fair the Apex was not advertised or intended to replace the Atpro or atmax. I can confirm first hand as a long time Atpro user and Apex owner that it will not replace either of those machines. Maybe an upgraded pro model down the road will?? I wouldn't hold your breath. I would be shocked if they release any new machines in the next year.I agree completely. Hoover boys currently use the Atpro almost exclusively. I also noticed they use the equinox as well but rarely show it on camera for some reason[emoji6](just kidding we all know the reason)

I exclusively use the equinox 800 outside of testing and reviewing other machines. I owned the Atpro, Etrac, and CTX when I purchased my Equinox and sold all other machines shortly after. They were just collecting dust. I currently own a 600 for backup machine as well. I have owned many other new machines as well including the Apex which will likely be sold after I complete my testing and reviews.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Besides AT series' waterproof features, why wouldn't the Apex replace an AT Pro or AT Max?

mh9162013 i'm just a beach guy so my opinion might be useless to you but i got about a million miles on an at pro and the apex is quite a bit better in salt water and on small nuggets,the dealer where i bought mine does a lot of prospecting and was pretty surprised how well it did on tiny nuggets he placed under a tray of super hot dirt,but on dry sand which is like a school or park to you guys i could see where some guys might prefer an at pro or max

mh9162013 i'm just a beach guy so my opinion might be useless to you but i got about a million miles on an at pro and the apex is quite a bit better in salt water and on small nuggets,the dealer where i bought mine does a lot of prospecting and was pretty surprised how well it did on tiny nuggets he placed under a tray of super hot dirt,but on dry sand which is like a school or park to you guys i could see where some guys might prefer an at pro or max

How/why? Because the AT Pro or Max has more settings or adjustment options? I'm genuinely curious.

Back
Top Bottom